California CCW

California CCW

This is a discussion on California CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm wondering if there's anyone who can offer advise about obtaining a ccw in California. I have a clean record, born and raised in the ...

Thread: California CCW

California CCW

I'm wondering if there's anyone who can offer advise about obtaining a ccw in California. I have a clean record, born and raised in the same town, and own a business in the same county. My main reason for needing a ccw is the fact that I leave my business late at night, often with several thousand dollars in my pocket. My business is not in the best neighborhood and I have been followed before, however I have not made any police reports. I plan to do the required training but I'm still not sure if this is considered a sufficient reason. Any advise?

I not sure but isnt the carrying of the large amouny of cash for deposit alone reason enough to file for CCW? when it was more strict here that was one of the few reasons we could get a permit ..

There are a few people on the forum From PRK they would know a lot more than i do and hopefully they will respond soon

packing.org will have most of the information you will need.

http://www.packing.org/state/california/

I've found alot of good information on this forum regarding the California CCW, I'm wondering what they consider a large amount of cash? Considering BG's will kill someone for $100, what is considered a large sum of money?

If I am not mistaken, Belmont is in San Mateo County. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to obtain a permit to carry in San Mateo County for any reason. In the event that you know the right people you might contact your local Chief of Police or Sheriff. Good Luck you will need it.

CCW in CA

It is really tough to get a CCW in California. I have even heard of jewelery dealers who carry a briefcase full of diamonds being turned down because they had never been robbed. Of course, after they were robbed they could get a permit, if they survived the robbery. Large sums of money are not much of a concern, however a firearms dealer, collector, or instructor that transports large numbers of firearms to and from shows, training sites or ranges is a concern. You also have to pass a psyc exam as well as the background check and training. In the L.A. area none of this matters you just can't get one. If you do qualify it is only good for two years so good luck.
    You may want to inform the local police department about your being followed because being stalked is another reason used usually by women and it works.

Do any of you know how much they consider "large amounts of cash"?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    Do any of you know how much they consider "large amounts of cash"?
    Otis,

California being a "may issue" state means it is all up to your sheriff. Only your sheriff can define "large amounts" of cash for you. Some sheriffs in CA just don't issue permits. So your best bet is to contact your county sheriff and see if they even issue permits and what their criteria are for issuing if they will.

-Scott-

My other option is to use a relatives address who I stay with on occasion. They are in Placer county, might have better luck there. I can change my address with DMV, but I wont have any utility bills in my name. Anyone have experience with Placer County?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    My other option is to use a relatives address who I stay with on occasion. They are in Placer county, might have better luck there. I can change my address with DMV, but I wont have any utility bills in my name. Anyone have experience with Placer County?

according to this, placer is virtually shall issue, so that might be a good bet for you.

http://www.packing.org/state/califor...stateimage=118

Sponsored Links