How do you carry when not fully dressed?

This is a discussion on How do you carry when not fully dressed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to take my daughter to school at some ungodly hour tomorrow. I will probably still be in my pajamas, just putting on a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry when not fully dressed?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

How do you carry when not fully dressed?

I have to take my daughter to school at some ungodly hour tomorrow. I will probably still be in my pajamas, just putting on a coat and heading out. Or as another example, I had to pick her up from work last night after I got ready for bed. Again, I was not in full regalia.

Just wondering how other people deal with this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I have to take my daughter to school at some ungodly hour tomorrow. I will probably still be in my pajamas, just putting on a coat and heading out.
    Shoulder holster comes to mind as an option.

I carry IWB in the waist of my PJs

Lead Moderator
    Put on some pants.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    That's why there's a glovebox.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I always put on pants, or during the summer shorts. Never know when you’ll be in a wreck, etc. And then I just put a pocket pistol in my pocket.

Always keep at least a pair of jeans across the bed with a holster attached or a belt through it to slide on a paddle holster or snap on my IWB fairly quickly. This time of year though depending on the gun, I would stick it in a coat pocket.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Ankle Holster

I wear an ankle holster with a Kahr 40 cal. The Kahr 2003 elite model is very small. It works good in the summer when I cannot wear a coat. I works very well around the house. After the ankle holster is on a few minutes you do not know its there anymore.

My Crossbreed works fine with drawstring PJ's
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member
    How difficult is it to pull on a pair of jeans. I leave mine on a hook with everything ready to go, so I get up and step into them. Take the gun off the nightstand, holster it and out the door I go. Proper planning prevents poor performance.

What if your car breaks down on the way there or back. What if you are involved in a traffic accident. Do you really want to be changing a tire on the side of the road in your PJs? I wouldn't. Hence a little planning before I step outside.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I just don't go out unless I'm dressed. Jeans or shorts and a t-shirt. 20 seconds max.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    I just don't go out unless I'm dressed. Jeans or shorts and a t-shirt. 20 seconds max.
    ditto- and a snubby in my pocket.

If you have time to bother to put your firearm on then you have time to put on some pants. i would really hate to be involved in a gunfight while in my PJ's, being carted to jail and thrown in a cell with Bubba while wearing my PJ's. BTW didn't your mother teach you to always wear clean underwear in case you were in a wreck?

For the love of God and humanity, put on some pants man, we don't want to see you out in your pajamas with your gun hanging out or falling out of an unsecured holster.

I put on pants when I have to leave in a hurry. When the alarm company calls or something like that happens in the middle of the night, it only takes 10 seconds to throw on a pair of jeans grab a shirt, coat or whatever and head out. I may choose to use a quick uncle mike's holster or something other than what I carry every day, but I don't leave without my pants, wallet, keys, pocket knife, and pistol. It really doesn't take that much time.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    How difficult is it to pull on a pair of jeans. I leave mine on a hook with everything ready to go, so I get up and step into them. Take the gun off the nightstand, holster it and out the door I go. Proper planning prevents poor performance.

What if your car breaks down on the way there or back. What if you are involved in a traffic accident. Do you really want to be changing a tire on the side of the road in your PJs? I wouldn't. Hence a little planning before I step outside.
    same here. I set up my jeans, shoes, etc... for the next day the night before so all I have to do if I have to get up at 0-dark-30 is slip em on, add 1911 and go. My wallet, keys, SAK, Kershaw, flashlight, etc... are all prepackaged for the day err uh...in this case night.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links