I was told I was trespassing - Page 3

I was told I was trespassing

This is a discussion on I was told I was trespassing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by blueridge You did not say how you were carrying your weapon concealed, and how she managed to see it in the first ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was told I was trespassing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
    You did not say how you were carrying your weapon concealed, and how she managed to see it in the first place.

"Concealed means concealed".
    The OP said "While reaching for my wallet I exposed my weapon to the represenative accidentaly."

So it was concealed and then revealed!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I carry a G22 with a SEPRA CQC Paddle holster. I am right handed. I carry on the left side from a cross-draw position, @3:00 much like Cordell Walker Texas Ranger. I was dressed in full camo except for the pants I had on jeans and jump boots I had on a hooded zip up camo jacket unziped when I reached for my wallet which I carry on my left back pocket I exposed my weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    The OP said "While reaching for my wallet I exposed my weapon to the represenative accidentaly."

So it was concealed and then revealed!
    Last edited by Hondov65; January 10th, 2008 at 10:35 PM.
    "We are Texas Rangers sent by the Governor Himself and our jurisdiction is anywhere we happen to be." Agustus McCrae

Got A Problem? The Odds Aganist You? Call The Equalizer 212-555-4200

NRA Member
    S&W M&P .40, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22

Really, is that a joke Hondov65 because the way you depict your dress for that day is quite comical.

I don't get that many smiles while walking down the street. Hmm, come to think about it I don't smile much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickSki View Post
    Really, is that a joke Hondov65 because the way you depict your dress for that day is quite comical.
    "We are Texas Rangers sent by the Governor Himself and our jurisdiction is anywhere we happen to be." Agustus McCrae

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    I'd also expect not to have to pay any cancellation penalty as a result of their decision to exclude you as a customer.
    Good Luck...getting your money refunded (you keep paying the monthly bill through the months of the contract)...you'll probably need a letter from an attorney...cheaper to pay the cancelation fee...I despise these cell phone companies...all of them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Care to tell which store specifically? Would be nice to blacklist the store...

I went back yesterday for advice on my phone I was waited on by the head lady she told me her rep got flustered after I left. The sight of my weapon bothered her, before I could apoligise, she informed me that the Police were called after I left and an report was filed I was was under an order of trespass and I was no longer welcome in that particular office. My question is will this interfere with my renewal of my permit? Will I get a vist from local PD? Is my now valid permit in Jeopardy?
    I guess she is now seeking counseling over the incident? That's S.A.D.--( stupid A. Dames) in that office. Not posted---too bad. They can't do a damn thing about it, and don't worry about your renewal. Matter of fact--if they have any documentation pertaining to your unwelcome back in this place of public venue----sue them for discrimination! Damages? Anything. Get real here folks!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    If you haven't been contacted by now, by your local PD then I wouldn't worry. At&T had your personal info they could have given the cops, and your cell phone number. If you haven't heard from them by now, I doubt they are worried. AT&T may have called your bluff to by saying they called the cops.

You probably should put your wallet in the pocket opposite the side of your gun. That's what I do when carrying my gun.

Did you i.d. yourself as a legal CHL with a permit as allowd by NC state law?

I was told I was trespassing.
    Was she told she was making untruthful claims to law enforcement, in the end?

Hm. I dislike the taste of licorice. Thus, anyone offering me licorice has committed an infraction of trespass, 'cause I don't like or allow licorice in my home. It's my rules ..so, there it is. Anyone coming to my home should magically know that. Shouldn't matter that I've never communicated the rule to the public, and never attempted to inform them via a sign or waiver form or whatever. It still (at least in my head) constitutes trespass and justifies police actcion via an "order of trespass." Yup. I know what you mean.

* I would get flustered, too, trying to wend my way through the logic of how such a disjoint mental distinction of mine could possibly apply to you to such a degree that law enforcement officers would believe it worthy of action. Poor, sad person. My condolences for the trauma she was put through.

I'd think that silly lline of reasoning has as little force of law as the silly trespassing claim being leveled here.

It would be interesting to know what the content of the police report was, and what point of law was being requested that law enforcement attempt to enforce.

Perhaps the poor person is misinterpreting her employee disarmament guide to imply application to non-employees as well ... in advance of their knowing of such a policy.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Talk to the cops. Get the report. Find the truth. Stand up for yourself.

AT&T Store at White Oak Shopping Center Garner, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    Care to tell which store specifically? Would be nice to blacklist the store...

NRA Member

Talk to the Police. See if she even filed a report. Find out the truth to start with. If she did WRITE a letter to AT&T. I was told by a customer service rep once that ONE hand written letter is worth 500 phone calls. They feel that if someone takes the time to write, they are serious about it AND there are more people that feels the same way.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

I am a customer of AT&T (formerly Cingular) and I just recently learned that many of their retail outlets are NOT company owned but are franchise operations. I would find out the details of this issue before deciding how to proceed.

I know its been mentioned, but this is really your fault. If you are open carrying, then that's one thing. They'll probably just tell you to leave. If you are carrying "concealed" then it should stay that way. A Serpa belt holster is not exactly a concealment holster. I have one for my Sig and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Its almost useless. If you want to walk around and show your gun off to the girl behind the counter, go ahead - there's no law against it. Just don't feel like someone is trampling your rights when they feel you are being inappropriate (although legal) and ask you to never come back.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe you honestly thought that your cross draw Serpa and left pocket wallet was conducive to effective concealment. If that's the case, then let this be a lesson to you - and don't let it happen again.

If I come across as an A-hole its because I am shocked that no one has seen it from this perspective yet. That, and I am a professional A-hole. Don't take it personally - just be honest with yourself about whether you did absolutely nothing wrong. Sure you're good from a legal standpoint, but that doesn't always make it right. Its stuff like this that makes people want to make new laws, and post their business, etc...

JMO

Austin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links