Well the doctor finally asked the question today...

This is a discussion on Well the doctor finally asked the question today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Yes I do, and bows and arrows, and chain saws, blunt instruments, and more freakn' big sharp knives than you would believe. Now, since we ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well the doctor finally asked the question today...

"Yes I do, and bows and arrows, and chain saws, blunt instruments, and more freakn' big sharp knives than you would believe. Now, since we are just chatting about our hobbies, I'm sure you won't be billing me for this time."
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

I routinely don't answer questions that have nothing to do with my health.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by N.M. Edmands View Post
    Guess I'm lucky,when I walk into his office, he always asks if I'm carrying something new or better than him. He loves my P7M8.
    Can you really blame him?
    At least he has good taste!
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    "How many people have you killed in your medical career by misdiagnosis or timeliness of care?"
    Thats rough! I like it though!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    "Yes I do, and bows and arrows, and chain saws, blunt instruments, and more freakn' big sharp knives than you would believe. Now, since we are just chatting about our hobbies, I'm sure you won't be billing me for this time."
    classic,great response
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member
    My Quack does ask, but, he knows I hunt. Question answered
    without asking.

My first thought is how silly, then how stupid then, quite frankly what business is it of theirs. This is in no way has anything to do with treatment of disease. It is infringement in the 1st degree. I have never been asked about my personal business which falls into the same area as did you have sex this morning.
    "It is none of your business"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I told one once before my first was even born that yes, I had one, but lost it somewhere and couldnt find it. I think it might be in the couch cushions...
    Dam.

That's WAY better than my response...

Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    My first thought is how silly, then how stupid then, quite frankly what business is it of theirs. This is in no way has anything to do with treatment of disease. It is infringement in the 1st degree. I have never been asked about my personal business which falls into the same area as did you have sex this morning.
    "It is none of your business"
    AAP members believe it is part of the routine. For your reading convenience I've placed a link here regarding one of many surveys about guns they have given their members. Particularly telling in regards to their positions:

The physicians surveyed, however, provide relatively little firearm-safety counseling.

* Only 12 percent of the pediatricians surveyed stated that they always identify families who keep firearms in their homes. Fifty percent of the physicians surveyed never identify which patients' families have firearms at home.

* Some 33 percent of the physicians surveyed reported that they always recommend that families should unload and lock away their guns. Thirty-seven percent of the physicians never provide that guidance.

* Only 18 percent of the physicians surveyed stated that they always recommend that handguns be removed from their patients' homes.
    Here is their brochure warning you about letting your kids play somewhere that there are guns (read: If your kids friends parents have guns, don't let them play at their house).

We should make our own version...

Q: Do you have guns in your home?

A: No

A2: Then there's no way in hades I'm letting my kids become victims over at your place.

You don't even want to know what the AMA thinks, here.
    Last edited by matiki; January 11th, 2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Oops, foul mouth I guess... Sorry
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post

Do I have child locks on all cabinets and drawers below counter top level? Yes
    Do I have child proof door knob covers on exterior and closet doors? Yes
    Do I have child safety seats in all my vehicles and know how to properly secure them? Yes
    Do I check my sons toys for small parts and choking hazards? Yes
    Do I ensure that he eats his vegetables? Yes
    Don't forget this one:

Do you buy toys for your child that are made in China?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Administrator
    I have another child on the way, so I'm sure I'll get asked again. This time I think I'm going to say; "Well, I did until the judge took them away. Why do you ask, Do you have one you want to get rid of?"
    "Just blame Sixto"

There is one word that all doctors hate: MALPRACTICE

Print this form (LINK-->Firearms Malpractice Form) before your next trip to the office. When the doctor begins this Q&A of your firearms at the house, ask him to fill out the form and advise that he/she go over what the malpractice insurance can and cannot cover. The conversation should drop immediately.

To add salt to the wounds, you can also mail a letter to the Cheif of Staff regarding your doctor's behavior. Link--> Polite Letter and Angry Letter .

The only time I bring up a discussion about firearms is when I am with co-workers, I keep it out of the patients room, unless the patient is a cool cop and in the mood to debate 9mm vs. .45

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have another child on the way, so I'm sure I'll get asked again. This time I think I'm going to say; "Well, I did until the judge took them away. Why do you ask, Do you have one you want to get rid of?"
    Ask the doctor if this conversation is confidential, and when they respond yes, tell them that as a condition of your probation you aren't allowed to have weapons, but yeah...you do have a few. Its OK though, because you keep them in the bottom drawer of your desk...

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post

Print this form (LINK-->Firearms Malpractice Form) before your next trip to the office. When the doctor begins this Q&A of your firearms at the house, ask him to fill out the form and advise that he/she go over what the malpractice insurance can and cannot cover. The conversation should drop immediately.

To add salt to the wounds, you can also mail a letter to the Cheif of Staff regarding your doctor's behavior. Link--> Polite Letter and Angry Letter .

The only time I bring up a discussion about firearms is when I am with co-workers, I keep it out of the patients room, unless the patient is a cool cop and in the mood to debate 9mm vs. .45
    Wow, nice. I definitely think that would shut down the conversation. My doctor's never asked me anything about firearms, but then, I don't have a child yet, either. I've had the same doctor since *I* was a kid, so i'd really hate to give him something like that, though... kind of a kick in the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post

Print this form (LINK-->Firearms Malpractice Form)
    Thanks for that link. I saved it this time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links