Being dragged kicking & screaming to the mouse house

This is a discussion on Being dragged kicking & screaming to the mouse house within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After several years of successfully avoiding it, I'm going to have to make the trip from Michigan to Florida to spend several days in Theme ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being dragged kicking & screaming to the mouse house

Being dragged kicking & screaming to the mouse house

After several years of successfully avoiding it, I'm going to have to make the trip from Michigan to Florida to spend several days in Theme Park hell.

What is the best place to find gun laws specifically relating to theme parks in Florida?
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I suppose somebody will have an actual link for you on that info in a bit, but we went to the Epcot Center last year. They search all bags, even fanny packs, but they do not search your body.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    You're NOT ccwing at any of our Parks.
    Sorry.
    As gun friendly as we are for some reason it's a no no.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I think there was a thread here a while back about someone who worked at the park and was talking about carrying in the park and parking lot. I'll see if I can find it.
    Here's one!
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ervations.html
    Last edited by taggart; January 11th, 2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added link
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    After several years of successfully avoiding it, I'm going to have to make the trip from Michigan to Florida to spend several days in Theme Park ****.

What is the best place to find gun laws specifically relating to theme parks in Florida?
    They claim to have a very strict, zero tolerance policy on guns. See here:

MyFox Orlando | Woman Arrested with Gun at Disney: I must look like a terrorist

From the article: "The Orange County Sheriff's Office said they just can't take any chances. Since 9/11 there is a no tolerance policy when it comes to bringing weapons to any Central Florida Theme Park."

Here is the big thread on carrying at the mouse house.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ervations.html
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

The giant rat has no sense of humor. Much as I hate to say it, given the price of admission these days, don't risk ruining your vacation by carrying into any of the major parks.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

As I see it, it would be a much more pleasant experience to not go...but I have been soundly over-ruled. So look out Florida, here I come. At least I'll get to stop in and check out some cool knives at Randall.

From what I'm seeing, it's not actually ILLEGAL to CCW in theme park Purgatory , but as private property the property owner can give to boot to whoever is deemed deserving of the boot...? Am I seeing that correctly?

What about the drive down? I see that packing.org seems to be defunct, and I haven't had to research gun laws in a while. What's a good source...contacting each state not withstanding...to see if I'll get locked up for getting caught sideways of some gun law driving through KY, TN, GA, etc...?
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

You're correct, nothing spelled out in statutes making it Illegal, just like other private property where they can ask you to leave.

I used Handgunlaw.us on our ski trip to North Carolina a week ago to look up reciprocity and individual state laws. (We went North searching for some cold weather as opposed to you!)

Handgunlaw.us

Click on your state and it'll tell you where your license is recognized.

Mice carry diseases, step on em out if you see em.

Hey, there are some places to shoot and some good gun shops not too awful far from the rats lair. Just in case you need a break.......
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

"...rat's lair..."

I'll be hitting the Randall factory for sure, but after being robbed by the rat, all I'll have money for is a few steak knives.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

not specifically illegal but you might be "trespassed" IE: told to leave if discovered. I'd suggest you carry in 'deep cover' (belly band or similar) on your person & not in a belt holster or bag. If you are going on any rides you need to be aware that it's possible to lose your piece, so make sure it's really secure.

Not a crime unless you refuse to leave if told to. Sporting events are a different story and are prohibited carry areas (footbal/baseball stadiums et al) and you should avoid those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    What about the drive down? I see that packing.org seems to be defunct, and I haven't had to research gun laws in a while. What's a good source...contacting each state not withstanding...to see if I'll get locked up for getting caught sideways of some gun law driving through KY, TN, GA, etc...?
    I recently ran across this neato website. You put the states you have permits for in and the states you'll be traveling through. Can't vouch (like anything on the internet) for accuracy, but it still looks useful.

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links