When and why carry a gun - Page 3

When and why carry a gun

This is a discussion on When and why carry a gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When: Whenever I legally can. Why: Due to Mom's bad taste in men, I learned at an early age that you can't depend on the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When and why carry a gun

When: Whenever I legally can.

Why: Due to Mom's bad taste in men, I learned at an early age that you can't depend on the police to keep you safe. This lesson was re-inforced later in life on several occasions.

I eventually had situation awareness beat into me. Thankfully haven't been involved in a fistfight in a few years, and I've never cleared leather against a two-legged critter.

Personally, I dont see why someone only wear their seatbelts part time. I dont know of anyone who buys insurance when they only go through high-traffic, accident-prone areas.

An automobile accident can happen anywhere. So can a crime. If the seatbelt works, I'm wearing it. If I can legally have an effective tool for self-defense within arm's reach, I'm going to.

I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
    The first time I heard this saying was in my sons favorite movie "Alien VS. Predator"
    it's used over and over in threads here. It seems to say it all.

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links