Cabela's in East Hartford, CT . . .

This is a discussion on Cabela's in East Hartford, CT . . . within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; . . . has changed their sign. When the store first opened back in October, they had a sign stating that all firearms must be ...

Thread: Cabela's in East Hartford, CT . . .

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Cabela's in East Hartford, CT . . .

. . . has changed their sign. When the store first opened back in October, they had a sign stating that all firearms must be checked/cleared with a greeter at the front.

Went today to pick up a case tumbler, and the sign now says that 'all firearms and bows being brought in for service must be checked with a greeter, with the exception of concealed carry permit holders' or words to that effect.

NICE!!
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

That's more like it should be.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    So--how is the store?
    I am planning a road trip there in the next few months.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Very nice, although the prices aren't the best. Hoffman's has the XD40SC I want for about $65 less.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    So--how is the store?
    I am planning a road trip there in the next few months.
    Excellent.

Always fun to walk thru Cabela's..lots to see and everytime I go in, I never have a plan to purchase anything, I just want to look...but more often than not, I always buy something.

VIP Member
    Cabela's here in Richmond has a similar sign posted. Nice to not have to worry about carrying. Yes Cabela's prices do seem to be higher also, not sure why, it can't be due to lack of sales. Getting a Bass Pro Shop sometime this year, hoping they have a shooting range in this one!

Boy!!! I must be getting old and loosing it!!! We don't have a Cabela's here in Richmond. It is a Gander Mt. with a Bass Pro going in!
    Last edited by archer51; January 13th, 2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: I'm old and can't read!!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar

Cabela's is better than Disney Land.

I'm always up for a trip to Cabela's. It is a really great store. Except for having a really limited powder selection, they have about everything a person is looking for for any shooting sport and personal protection.

I've been to the Cabela's in Hamburg PA, and in Dundee MI. Bought guns at both of them - several at the one in Hamburg. The Beretta Stampede .45LC I bought in Dundee was picked up at the store in Hamburg because I live in PA. I've gotten some incredible deals on guns at the Cabela's stores.

NIB Savage LRPV in .22-250 for $800.00. Used 50th anniversary .357 Blackhawk for $310.00, used LINB SP101 for $290, used LINB Beretta Stampede that hadn't even been fired for $300.00. I also bought a new GP100 there but the price wasn't anything spectacular, it was just a good gun at a fair price, so it followed me home.

I buy Berry's bullets (copper plated lead) for reloading .45LC, .357, 9mmP there. Also primers when they have them - though gun shows are usually better for primers.

I got better prices on my Glock and the PT1911 at a local dealer, but not more than $15.00 better. It did save the 3 hours of driving and gas though.

My wife likes Cabela's as well. She has bought herself some guns there too.

My personal ranking - Cabela's is the best of the big three, Gander Mt. is second (but they have more stores and are closer to home), Bass Pro is a distant third. Prices at the Harrisberg Bass-Pro are pretty high and selection is limited although I got a fabulous deal on a Browning gun safe there. Cabela's has at least 25 or 30 yards of display cases loaded with handguns. About every brand known, new, used, and in quantity.

Fitch

Cabela's and Bass Pro...are toy stores for 'big boys'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I love Cabela's. The Dundee, MI store is about a half hour away. Gander Mountain is great for their archery pro-shop and hunting clothes, but their firearms and ammunition prices are ridiculously high.

I can't wait, in about a year I will have a Bass-Pro less than a mile from my house.

Good to hear. We are getting a Cabela's, it will open this summer. We are also getting a Sportsman's Wearhouse. Billings finally hit 100k population. Lots of new big box stores are looking at us now.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    . . . has changed their sign. When the store first opened back in October, they had a sign stating that all firearms must be checked/cleared with a greeter at the front.

Went today to pick up a case tumbler, and the sign now says that 'all firearms and bows being brought in for service must be checked with a greeter, with the exception of concealed carry permit holders' or words to that effect.

NICE!!
    Huh? Sign? What sign? Nice store, but the place was a mad house when I went. They serve up a pretty good bison burger in their wild game cafe upstairs.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    BassPro in Harrisburg has that sign out front too. It just says "All Bows and Firearms need to be checked at the front desk". Nothing about prohibiting CCW's.

I'll second the comment about Hoffman's having much, much better prices, but their newspaper ads are just awful: amateurish cartoons and dreadful doggerel. I hate to buy anything there because I feel I'm encouraging them. If business were to drop off, maybe they'd hire someone new to write their ads.

We've got a Gander Mountain 30 mins from and theres talk of a Cabela's coming in about 7-8 miles from here.
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Links