Great Gunshop

This is a discussion on Great Gunshop within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I took my EDC out for service. I needed to have my night sights that I got for Christmas put on. well after looking ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Gunshop

me [OP]

Great Gunshop

Today I took my EDC out for service. I needed to have my night sights that I got for Christmas put on. well after looking around for a while to find a smith I was willing to trust my EDC with I found a S&W "Top Gun Dealer" with a smith. So this morning I took the 20 minute drive to the shop with my EDC in the box and a 9mm I have as a secondary/range gun as my carry.

Well I went back this afternoon to pick it up and found an interesting situation, at least for me. First off this shop is in a not so good neighborhood. Well I got to the area turned the car around so that I could park directly in front of the store and not cross the street then went into the store. Well, in front of me at the store I found a skinny, unkempt, man who looked to be a crack head (Remember I work in EMS). As he gets to the counter he asks for a box of 32 revolver shells. The employee behind the counter informs him there are 2 kinds of 32 revolver ammunition and the guy can not identify which he needed. He then asks to have the guy bring the gun for him to look at. The guy leaves goes out to the car and discusses this with 3 others who were seated in a car up the street. when he comes back he said, "I know what you said earlier, just give me the shorts." He was again told, "No, Bring me the gun and I will sell them to you." He pushed this druggie away and he left with out any ammo.

I just think that anyone in Pittsburgh should take a chance to visit Bravermans. They are good people who treated me right and put the sights on for me a a great price, and are great gun ambassadors as the will not let the Riff-Raff Get there hands on weapons.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

2. Remove Ads

How can he legally not sell someone of age ammo? I don't have to show the clerk my gun when I buy ammo. In my opinion this is wrong, it shouldn't matter what he looks like or the clerks assumption of his character. Just my 2 cents

Administrator
    its their right to refuse if they want to.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    You probably don't look like a crackhead.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    +1 If someone gives you the "willies" I think it is prudent not to make the sale.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    X2.

Where is it written that a gunshop owner is required to sell anything? Many small businesses have signs stating that they have the right to refuse service for whatever reason.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    I just think that anyone in Pittsburgh should take a chance to visit Bravermans. They are good people who treated me right and put the sights on for me a a great price, and are great gun ambassadors as the will not let the Riff-Raff Get there hands on weapons.
    Huh? That gunshop had absolutely nothing to do with that guy. He already had a weapon and they were perfectly willing to sell the guy ammo. They even TOLD him to go get his gun, thereby placing his hands on it. I'm betting they didn't sell the ammo as a CYA thing if he injured himself by firing the wrong ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    +1 If someone gives you the "willies" I think it is prudent not to make the sale.
    +1 We all have to do our part to keep guns and ammo out of the wrong hands. THose who shouldn't have guns and do jeopardize our rights.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberbp22 View Post
    Huh? That gunshop had absolutely nothing to do with that guy. He already had a weapon and they were perfectly willing to sell the guy ammo. They even TOLD him to go get his gun, thereby placing his hands on it. I'm betting they didn't sell the ammo as a CYA thing if he injured himself by firing the wrong ammo.
    What you don't know Kimber is that they probably have a list given to them by the local PD that tells them of recently stolen guns in the area, and to look for somebody trying to sell a "insert gun type here". This guys 6th sense was ringing, and it was probably because the police list said a 32 was stolen down the street two days ago. What he would have done was take the gun behind the counter compare serial#s to his list and call 911. I have seen this done at a local store near me. Good guys would win bad guys would lose, end of story. Clearly the dirt bag was suspicious of something like this, thats why he elected not to bring in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    What you don't know Kimber is that they probably have a list given to them by the local PD that tells them of recently stolen guns in the area, and to look for somebody trying to sell a "insert gun type here". This guys 6th sense was ringing, and it was probably because the police list said a 32 was stolen down the street two days ago. What he would have done was take the gun behind the counter compare serial#s to his list and call 911. I have seen this done at a local store near me. Good guys would win bad guys would lose, end of story. Clearly the dirt bag was suspicious of something like this, thats why he elected not to bring in the gun.
    Maybe. You don't know that for sure. All they accomplished was educating him to read the nice little stampings the company put on the gun regarding what type and caliber he needed.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberbp22 View Post
    Maybe. You don't know that for sure. All they accomplished was educating him to read the nice little stampings the company put on the gun regarding what type and caliber he needed.
    What that clerk did was; keep them from getting ammo from him. All any of us can do is our best in each situation.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    What that clerk did was; keep them from getting ammo from him. All any of us can do is our best in each situation.
    So what. He learned he needs to read the side of his revolver and roll on down to the next gun store, Wal-Mart, etc. Heck, in a bit, I'd bet he could walk right back into that store and confidently request the correct ammo from another employee...probably won't remember him after a few weeks anyways, especially if he cleans up a bit.

i'll keep this shop on my list for pittsburgh. heck might just go to a steelers game as an excuse to check out the shop.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

VIP Member
    Unfortunately the "bad" guys won this time, but not for lack of trying by the "good" guy clerk. Too bad the Jags won too. So you'll have to wait a bit for the next Steeler game.

The shop did good, and yes, the dirt bag will evenually figure it out.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links