Florida Carry Question

Florida Carry Question

This is a discussion on Florida Carry Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New member here: On the packing.org site, one of the listed restrictions for legal CCW in Florida is: "any portion of an establishment licensed to ...

Thread: Florida Carry Question

Florida Carry Question

New member here:

On the packing.org site, one of the listed restrictions for legal CCW in Florida is:

"any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose"

Does anyone know if this applies only to "bars" or to all restaurants that serve alchohol? Thanks

Would you really take legal advise from someone on the net?

Contact the state of Flordia. Get answer in writing.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    An example to this is: A bowling alley has a lounge that does not serve food= ok in the bowling alley part but a no-no when you walk into the lounge. Red lobster primarily serves food but you can also order wine/beer, ok throughout the bldg. If a restraunt has a bar,I would not sit at the bar and have a drink.A good ol' boys bar/lounge is a no-no (even though they have a gallon jug of pickled eggs on the bar). Any eating establishment that you can get a beer/wine with your meal is ok to carry. Just as long as the establishments primary reason for doing buisness is to serve food.------ FOR ME >> When I go out to eat and am CCW(which is always) I never have even one drink.--------

If it's like Kentucky's CCW, it means that if a restaurant's greatest income is from the sale of food even though they sell alcohol too, then all A-OK. A bar per se has it's primary income from the sale of alcohol and therfore is not A-OK . But check it out on your end to be sure rather than just take my word.
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

Thanks for the quick replies gentlemen. I will attempt to get a complete and airtight answer from the state, I was simply wondering if this was a common concept with which I was unfamiliar. As a side note, being a light drinker anyway, I agree that it is unwise to carry and drink at the same time, for a myriad of reasons. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by angrycelt
    Thanks for the quick replies gentlemen. I will attempt to get a complete and airtight answer from the state, I was simply wondering if this was a common concept with which I was unfamiliar. As a side note, being a light drinker anyway, I agree that it is unwise to carry and drink at the same time, for a myriad of reasons. Thanks again.
    When you took your CCW course, you instructor should have went over that with you... Look here;

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

Red Lobster??

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    An example to this is: A bowling alley has a lounge that does not serve food= ok in the bowling alley part but a no-no when you walk into the lounge. Red lobster primarily serves food but you can also order wine/beer, ok throughout the bldg....--------
    Red Lobster may not be the best example. Red Lobster and Olive Garden are owned by the same parent company and the Olive Gardens here in northern Virginia have turned people away who were carrying openly, which is the only way you can carry in Virginia in an establishment that serves alcohol. I haven't been to either one since I learned about this situation. This insane law in Virginia must be repealed.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League recently sent out an alert to members and it described two restaurant related incidents. See the VCDL website, www.vcdl.org. In one incident four people were robbed and "pistol whipped" in the parking lot of a restaurant, according to press reports. In the second incident a CCW holder locked the weapon in his car when he went into a hotel restaurant for a dinner meeting and the weapon was stolen from the car while he was inside. VCDL had prepared form letters to send to our state representative and senators to request, they address repeal of this crazy law.

Rick

Links