Bumper Sticker Question - Page 2

Bumper Sticker Question

This is a discussion on Bumper Sticker Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dusty Miller Maybe I should remove that sign in my year window saying, "Nine out of the ten voices in my head ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Sticker Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Miller View Post
    Maybe I should remove that sign in my year window saying, "Nine out of the ten voices in my head told me to stay home today and clean my guns."!!!
    I secretly lust after this one:

clowns

Seriously though... it could look bad (political stickers in general), even goofy ones.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    These bumper stickers eliminates the "element of surprise"...but does anyone think these bumper stickers would discourage road-rage incidents? Could be a positive thing? Would they encourage unwanted attention from the police?

I do not think bumper stickers of any form or reason are good. they distract other drivers.
    but, where are the stickers?

My car is as boring as I am. No stickers at all. Even the dealer plates/stickers...

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    My car is as boring as I am. No stickers at all. Even the dealer plates/stickers...
    Slightly off topic, but...

I even took off the "Lexus" logos and fake chrome off my car (tuners call this "debadging"). I think it looks much more clean, and gives it a touch of "custom". I did, however, get a license plate holder that says "Tailgate & I'll drive slower".

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

VIP Member
    Umm...I actualy put an ADT alarm sticker on my car, cause in all those commercials when the bad guy kicks in the door the alarm goes off and they run away realllly reallllly fast. Thats the way it is in the real world right? I mean cmon! Well heck, I figure if it works for those houses on TV it should work for me and my car!! :)

VIP Member
    OMG !!! No way!!! I would be stunned to see this on someones car.

G&G
    There will be 2 lawyers attached to that bullet you fire. The prosecution will do his best to make you look like a gun nut to the on the jury. Don't help him build his case.
    Be ready. You can't make an appointment for an emergency.

Never. I do not even display my NRA (follow me home to where the guns are) sticker.

I don't, but I see no problem with a NRA sticker on the car.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Zaria View Post
    I would never advertise on my car. Period. It would encourage car thieves.
    I learned that the hard way last year when I decided to put an NRA sticker on my wind shield. The very next morning I discovered that my vehicle had been broken into, and my shooting bag (without firearm) had been stolen.

With that life experiences training, I'll be danged if I am going to put a more obvious advertisement on my car which says "Burgle me -- see the pretty picture of my gun."

Despite the possibility that an NRA sticker might encourage a break-in, I keep one on my vehicle and have for many years. I feel like its a civic responsibility. But I live in the sticks and inasmuch as I have a shooting range in the yard, anybody within hearing distance knows that I have guns. If I lived in a heavily populated area, I might re-think the advisability of a sticker.

On a related theme a friend of mine who commutes 139 miles round trip to a metro area each day to work keeps a Daisy "spitting image 94" BB gun in a rack in the rear window of his truck. He says it has a calming effect on other drivers and promotes courteous behavior and improved driving habits in them.

I never advertise any form of aggressive action on my truck. I have an NRA sticker and a cool looking skull thing with flames, thats about it for me.
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

Personally I love them

I would put them over my reloading bench! A private place where the general public wouldn't see them. I agree with the others, never on my car!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    To me it really doesn't matter. How many people really pay attention to bumper stickers anyways, or take them serious. Just picture the car in front of you with the bumper sticker reading "One hot momma, too much for you to handle!" on it. You pull up beside it to see a blue haired 85 year old granny driving it!!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    All I have on my back window is a little 5x5 round sticker with an eagle and the phrase "Freedom isn't free, but its worth fighting for"

Thats it. Nothing about guns tho.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links