Bumper Sticker Question

This is a discussion on Bumper Sticker Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These bumper stickers eliminates the "element of surprise"...but does anyone think these bumper stickers would discourage road-rage incidents? Could be a positive thing? Would they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Sticker Question

Bumper Sticker Question

These bumper stickers eliminates the "element of surprise"...but does anyone think these bumper stickers would discourage road-rage incidents? Could be a positive thing? Would they encourage unwanted attention from the police?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My lawyer said he would smack me if he ever saw bumper stickers like that on my vehicle. Good enough for me not to have them. However it is your vehicle so do whatever you would like.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I would never advertise on my car. Period.

It would encourage car thieves. And I doubt the type of people to engage in "road rage" are going to care about your bumper sticker / window sign anyway. In fact, they might just draw theirs instead.

Always carry - never tell - right?

Just my opinion, don't mean to rain on your parade.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

no no no

no no no...I in now way wanted to imply that I would put such a sticker on my car. I just wanted to get some thoughts on the pro/cons you guys perceived of these stickers. I've seen them before on the road.

I also would never put a bumper sticker on my car for any reason. (nothing bothers me more than political bumper stickers, especially for Dems that lost the last election, hehe).

My question was could it prevent a road-rage event from escalating to the point where a guy gets out of his car to come beat on your window...or from following you anywhere? I know it's bad to "advertise" in general if you're trying to be concealed...but the second sticker doesn't say "hey I've got a CCW"...it just plants a seed in someone's head that this guy might not be the one to mess with.

Thought?
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; January 18th, 2008 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround

Yeah, I imagine that could be problematic in court.

Plus I usually think of those bumper stickers as compensation.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

I display an NRA sticker on my car, because I am proud to be seen as a supporter of the 2d Amendment and the safe use and enjoyment of firearms. Having said that, cautious (retired) lawyer that I am, I do not wear shirts or post stickers that are aggressive statements as to my willingness to use deadly force in my defense or that of others.

I know more than a couple of misguided proecutors who would use such as evidence of an attitude that was looking for trouble. Yes, we have the Castle Doctrine here, but making one's potential legal position a bit stronger is a good idea, IMHO.

Not a very smart idea for a variety of reasons - I wouldn't do it.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

good point

I hadn't thought of the legal side of it...and if there was a shooting(that involved a car incident or not), it could be used to paint the owner as a renegade or aggressive person....good point.

VIP Member
    If someone is really raging/angry at a driver, I think it's possible that he may be so focused on looking at the driver that he may never really read any signs.

If he does, the signs could escalate the situation, in other words the raging guy might go ahead and get out with a gun, rather than get out to just shake his fist and curse at you.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

No way I would have these on my car/truck! Concealed is concealed and not to be advertised. Kind of reminds me of the posts we see every now and then on concealed carry badges.

+1 to what Scott said.

I don't wear or apply to my car/home anything that would indicate gun ownership. You never know what could set off some lunatic, and you never know how what you've got on your shirt/bumper/house window will look in court after something happens.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

"No good can come of this" as has been amply stated in this thread.

Now if I had a basement den with a bar (like the house I lived in when I had roomates many years ago), that kind of sign would be right over the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    I also would never put a bumper sticker on my car for any reason. (nothing bothers me more than political bumper stickers, especially for Dems that lost the last election, hehe).
    Now, see those always make me smile. I think its great when Dems lose elections!

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Maybe I should remove that sign in my year window saying, "Nine out of the ten voices in my head told me to stay home today and clean my guns."!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links