Had a gun pointed at my head today... - Page 2

Had a gun pointed at my head today...

This is a discussion on Had a gun pointed at my head today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I can officially say I've looked down the wrong end of a gun, and didn't like it one bit! Try working at a gun ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a gun pointed at my head today...

So, I can officially say I've looked down the wrong end of a gun, and didn't like it one bit!
    Try working at a gun shop and see how many moronic customers muzzle sweep you in a day. Sometimes with guns that I end up finding out are loaded!

I know Lima feels the same way.

**EDIT**
    I had not read the entire thread when I responded. I see Lima does in fact feel the same way. I guess she and I are in the same club. It's a sucky one too. **EDIT**
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Add to the owner he just lost a sale. That hurts more than your complaint.
    And that you posted all over the internet gun forums his employee's stupidity!!!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Try working at a gun shop and see how many moronic customers muzzle sweep you in a day. Sometimes with guns that I end up finding out are loaded!

**EDIT**
    I had not read the entire thread when I responded. I see Lima does in fact feel the same way. I guess she and I are in the same club. It's a sucky one too. **EDIT**
    loaded, there guns or yours just about every gun shop around here have signs posted " no loaded firearms allowed w/ leo exp."
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That's beyond inexcusable. I'd have been on the phone to the cops on my way outta the shop. A visit from the boys in blue would cure him of doing that crap again.
    You're not serious about bothering LE with this are you? This is not something I would have called the Po Po on. I would have explained to the idiot behind the counter that it's not good to point guns at people, regardless if they are unloaded and I would have followed up with a letter/email/phone call to the shop owner. But calling the cops is a bit much!! Most of them are friends with the local gun shop owner anyway.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    loaded, there guns or yours just about every gun shop around here have signs posted " no loaded firearms allowed w/ leo exp."
    We do not have such a sign and I wouldn't want one anyway. The owners philosophy is that he will not infringe on anyones right to carry a loaded gun for their protection. We do have signs that ask the customers not to handle their weapons in the showroom, only on the range. But, some people do not seem to read the signs.

Having a loaded weapon in someone's hand on the showroom floor is not a common thing. It usually happens when someone has a malfunction of some kind on the range and instead of coming and getting one of us while leaving the gun on the range, they bring the gun with them and expect us to try to clear a jammed gun right there in the showroom. We always take the gun back to the range and ask them not to do that again. Some folk just don't think about safety though.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    How 'bout just going back to the shop, calmly and politely explain how uncomfortable you were with his, "demonstration". Suggest that in the future he should probably take the light off the gun before pointing it at someone.

If you attack his action in a letter or go in a tell him he is a moron, he will probably react the same way you would if someone challenged you in the same way.

Who knows, you may actually impart some needed education and gain a friend in the process.

Stupid.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

When I went through the range portion of the CCW class, there was a fellow that was older than I (believe it or not) who stood next to me and on three occasions, turned to ask me something and the pistol turned with him. That's a real bowel check, believe me!

The first time I moved the muzzle to a safe direction; the second time resulted in loud and profane objection. Time three, I went to the class teacher and asked for another firing position. When he learned what had happened, he DQ'd the other guy and read me out like a Marine non-com for not reporting it the first time.

BTW, I can't find a "safety section" here; that's always good for newbies and experienced shooters, as well, to review the rules.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jongle View Post
    BTW, I can't find a "safety section" here; that's always good for newbies and experienced shooters, as well, to review the rules.
    Here ya go:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-reminder.html

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

At least you know it was unloaded. I had several loaded guns pointed at me once. I think I may have stained my shorts. I lived in a middle class area of NJ and was working in a Food Town Grocery store. Up the road was another store that got robbed a day or so earlier. Without knowing that an armored truck had arrive I walked into the back cashiers room. To say the least the guys were on edge.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Lima...
    As the boss, why do you put up with it? Is it that hard to find employees? I'd assume you put all new hires thorough a basic gun handling class. If they broke one of the basic rules, especially at me, they'd be gone!
    Tracy
    Not my shop.

BELIEVE ME! If I were the boss and I saw ONE breach of safety that employee would be in a pile of doo-doo.

They'd get a good talking to, a fine or something, and only so many strikes and they'd be out.

If I were the boss that would not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

**EDIT**
    Yep! I'm wish you TN!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Reading this, and Limatunes earlier thread, it occurrs to me I'm really lucky. The Gander Mt. I frequent in Chambersburg has a former PA state trooper behind the counter who is "very" professional about how he handles guns. He appreciates the fact that I am too. He is the only one I deal with there.

The other store is run by a former SWAT training NCO who is also certified to teach several NRA classes. He too is "very" professional about how he handles guns. He also appreciates the fact that I am too.

I've only been in one gun store here where the guy behind the counter was what I'd call careless. I didn't go back.

Come to think of it, the Cabela's in Hamburg, PA and Dundee, MI, I was fortunate to have sales people who were careful.

Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by jongle View Post
    When I went through the range portion of the CCW class, there was a fellow that was older than I (believe it or not) who stood next to me and on three occasions, turned to ask me something and the pistol turned with him. That's a real bowel check, believe me!
    Similar when I took my class. Originally I was the only one at the class so it was just going to be me and the instructor until another young guy comes in a few minutes late and quickly became evident that this person had never really handled or fired a gun before. During the classroom portion of the class the instructor goes through the basics of gun safety, including the usual of passing around an unloaded semi-auto to learn grips, how to load, etc... Several times the other guy would sweep us with the gun while trying to rack the slide and at one point the instructor warned him (mostly just to get the kid's attention and to make the point) that if he kept pointing the gun at him that he'd have no problem pointing his loaded gun back at him. Got the kid's attention. I made sure to do my range "test" first and then back away when the other kid did his.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    The place where I shoot has signs..."NO LOADED GUN SHALL BE UN-HOLSTERED IN THIS STORE". There are too many cowboys that have become complacent about safety. Once in the range, after shooting a 686 (used) that I had just bought, I noticed that the idiot in the next point had the same gun. When I asked how he liked it, he swung it in my direction to answer. I put my hand out and pointed it down range. "Is that loaded?", I asked. "Why yes", he said. "LET GO OF THE GUN," I replied. I took it out of his hand and unloaded it and told him to holster it empty. He got the point and apologized. Complacent...
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I got one...at a range one time a fella a good 4 to 5 spots down had some issue with his Beretta. Instead of emptying it and lock the slide back to look down the barrel, he just skipped a couple of steps and went straight to looking down the barrel. I never saw it, but found out when the range officer was doing his job, yelled at the guy, "HEY, what are you doing buddy?" snatched the gun out of his hand, pulled the slide, and out came a live round!! He confiscated the weapon, told the guy to leave, and returned the pistol when the guy reached his car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links