Had a gun pointed at my head today...

This is a discussion on Had a gun pointed at my head today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a rifle pointed at me by the idiot running the check in station at a gun show. When I told him that I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had a gun pointed at my head today...

I had a rifle pointed at me by the idiot running the check in station at a gun show. When I told him that I didn't appreciate having a gun pointed at me. His response was "it's unloaded". I told him that a lot of people get killed with "unloaded guns". He got nasty and threatened to throw me out. If I hadn't driven an hour and a half to get there, I would have left.

I later emailed show management about this (I should have found them at the show). I never received a response from them, I guess they don't care. I will not go back to shows run by that outfit (PRO in Ohio).

Ken

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post
    I had a rifle pointed at me by the idiot running the check in station at a gun show. When I told him that I didn't appreciate having a gun pointed at me. His response was "it's unloaded". I told him that a lot of people get killed with "unloaded guns". He got nasty and threatened to throw me out. If I hadn't driven an hour and a half to get there, I would have left.

Ken
    Ooooh Game on!

I've had demanded management then and there on that one.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    I got one...at a range one time a fella a good 4 to 5 spots down had some issue with his Beretta. Instead of emptying it and lock the slide back to look down the barrel, he just skipped a couple of steps and went straight to looking down the barrel. I never saw it, but found out when the range officer was doing his job, yelled at the guy, "HEY, what are you doing buddy?" snatched the gun out of his hand, pulled the slide, and out came a live round!! He confiscated the weapon, told the guy to leave, and returned the pistol when the guy reached his car.
    I had an issue similair to that. I was showing my friend (a fellow Marine at the time who should have known more about muzzle awareness), how I train with a revolver.

I put in one round, spin the cylinder and slam it shut without knowing where the round is. The idea is to pull the trigger so many times that you no longer anticipate the recoil.

He pulls the trigger once. Click. He puts his eyeball right to the crown of the barrel of a loaded gun.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I'd say a letter to the owner of your experience would be in order.

Name and location of the gun shop?
    +1 on that please as I am not that far off from you do not want to wander into that store
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I've been pondering since the event occurred as to how to handle this situation. I really don't feel it's appropriate to report the event to the PD or ATF or anything like that, but I'm going to go ahead and file a report with the Better Business Bureau, just to spread the word a little further. I seriously did consider the advice of going back, explaining why what happened wasn't cool, and seeing how he handled it, but it was the owner that pointed the thing in my face, and from my previous experiences with the guy, he's always been nice enough, but very full of himself, don't think he'd really take it as "constructive criticism". So, needless to say, I will no longer be a customer of Guncrafters in Salem, OR. Scary to hear all the experiences you've all had that were similar, or worse - when did common sense die among the masses??? Seems like there's a "National Day" for everything, maybe we need to establish a "National Use Your Brain And Don't Point A Gun At People!" Day. Stay safe, everybody.
    .40 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Griblik View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and file a report with the Better Business Bureau, just to spread the word a little further. I seriously did consider the advice of going back, explaining why what happened wasn't cool, and seeing how he handled it, but it was the owner that pointed the thing in my face, and from my previous experiences with the guy, he's always been nice enough, but very full of himself, don't think he'd really take it as "constructive criticism".
    I can see the headlines if the anti's get ahold of that compaint. Gunshop Owner Points Gun On Customer But you have to do what you need to do. I'd say something to the owner anyway, let him know why he is losing your dollars. Full of himself or not it maybe a wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by Griblik View Post
    when did common sense die among the masses???
    When they legislated standards to the lowest common denominator aka Affirmative Action
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links