How many total rounds do you carry? - Page 7

How many total rounds do you carry?

This is a discussion on How many total rounds do you carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 28 - 2 full magazines...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: How many total rounds do you carry?

28 - 2 full magazines
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

depends on what I am carrying:
    XD-9SC= 10+1 and spare 16 makes 27
    XD-45C= 10=1 and spare 13 makes 24
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

9,11, or 15.
    Keep your powder dry

If carrying the Sig, 8 + 1 full mag = 15.
    If the Glock, generally only what's in the gun so 16.

Senior Moderator
    15 or 17,
    Cylinder full and 2 speed strips, or 2 mags and 1 in the chamber.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Gotta Love XD

Concealed Everyday
    XD 45
    13+1 in the gun
    13 in spare mag

Kel-tech .32 in pocket
    7+1 in the gun

That's 27 rounds of Hydr-Shock .45 ACP
    and 7 rounds of .32 auto 60gr. GDHP

Home Invasion Kit includes:
    AK-47
    30+1 in Rifle
    6 spare 30 rd. mags
    1200 rds. loose

Remington 870
    4+1 00 Buck

pmt
    Quote Originally Posted by rb8941 View Post
    With all due respect to everyone here, and in my opinion, if you need more rounds than are in your weapon, you've probably already lost the fight.
    Never had a failure? Never expect one?
    USP9 CUSTOM SPORT (X2)
    HK34FTCB
    P7PSP
    Left handed compliment:
    "...if one is going to carry an underpowered pistol he should carry the neatest and handiest one available, and that is the Heckler & Koch P7."- Col. Jeff Cooper

Never had a failure? Never expect one?
    #1 - I don't expect that I'll ever have to fire my gun. The probabilities are pretty low. I'm a civilian who rarely gets into risky areas.

#2 - if I do, the probabilities of a failure a very low. This isn't a range where I fire hundreds and hundreds of rounds each week. What's the failure rate on your gun? If it's greater than 1:5000, you are doing something wrong.

Combine the two (1:100 chance of actually needing to fire my gun, and 1:5000 of a failure), the odds of having a failure when needing the gun are astronomically low. (One is 500,000?)

Heck, most cops retire without ever firing the guns other than at the firing range. And they are required to go into bad places and pursue felons. We are not.

Ken

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post
    #1 - I don't expect that I'll ever have to fire my gun. The probabilities are pretty low. I'm a civilian who rarely gets into risky areas.

#2 - if I do, the probabilities of a failure a very low. This isn't a range where I fire hundreds and hundreds of rounds each week. What's the failure rate on your gun? If it's greater than 1:5000, you are doing something wrong.

Combine the two (1:100 chance of actually needing to fire my gun, and 1:5000 of a failure), the odds of having a failure when needing the gun are astronomically low. (One is 500,000?)

Heck, most cops retire without ever firing the guns other than at the firing range. And they are required to go into bad places and pursue felons. We are not.

Ken

some of us are on more intimate terms with Mr. Murphy LOL

I have 10+1 in my G30, carry 2 13rnd spares
    if its my HK then its 12+1, and 2 12rnd spares

as far as needing more than your mag in your pistol/already lost the fight....extra ammo may give me the ability to get my family out of the danger zone, or to get to one of my rifles in the car if need be
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post

Ken
    I hope you're right. Of course, with those tyes of "astronomically low" figures, one wonders why someone would need a gun in the first place...
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

16 total
    1 in the pipe
    15 in mag

as soon as i get mag holder,it'll be bumped up to 26( 10 rd mag)
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

I hope you're right. Of course, with those tyes of "astronomically low" figures, one wonders why someone would need a gun in the first place...
    Sometimes I think that too. But I consider it insurance. Besides, Kleck estimates that in the vast majority of the times a gun is used for self defense, it is not fired, just the presence of the gun ends the situation. So, of course, you do need the gun with you :)

Of course, all of this depends upon the areas one frequents, time of day, etc. Years ago (long before CCW), I gave up a part time job doing wedding photography after I got a couple of assignments in bad neighborhoods at night. Since the income was not essential to our needs, it was a wise decision. Others may not have that option. If I had to go into such a neighborhood at night, I would carry extra ammo. Heck, it was so bad last year that the (large city) police asked the county sheriff to assign units to the area.

Ken

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links