CC in NJ

This is a discussion on CC in NJ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand that NJ does not issue CC, but was curious and took a look at the form. What I found interesting is one of ...

Thread: CC in NJ

CC in NJ

I understand that NJ does not issue CC, but was curious and took a look at the form. What I found interesting is one of the reasons for disapproval is "Lack of Justifiable Need", which I assume is the basic catch all.

No where on the form does it ask why are you applying. So the big question. How can they deny you based on justification if you are not asked?

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    No where on the form does it ask why are you applying. So the big question. How can they deny you based on justification if you are not asked?
    "We are the government, we don't have to answer to anyone!"

Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I'm from Jersey and have a cousin that was the NJSP Superintendent, CCW, no way, not only no but "h" no!

Maybe if you become a large $$ donor to Jon Corzine's re-election campaign you could get a CCW(they do have them,but VERY hard to get).
    As far as the home scenario goes, you can keep a firearm at home(everything has to be registered as far as I know,even rifles). So NJ is at least 1 step better than DC. But of course the atmosphere up there is such that everyone thinks the criminals will give warning when they strike,so you have time to call the cops,wait till they show up, or have time to escape. Usually doesn't go that way. Plus w/no Castle Doctrine,you could be sued by an invader who was just looking for Mother Theresa in your home.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Talk about a hijacked thread, this has gone way off topic.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I understand that NJ does not issue CC, but was curious and took a look at the form. What I found interesting is one of the reasons for disapproval is "Lack of Justifiable Need", which I assume is the basic catch all.

I just looked at the form. At the top under the box for NEW/RENEW (in fine print) is your answer.

Each person applying for a Permit to Carry and Handgun must supply a letter of need, specific in content, as to why they have a need to carry a firearm in the
    State of New Jersey. If this application is employment-related, then your employer must supply this letter.

"How can they deny you based on justification if you are not asked?"

Because "they" can: After all "they" are the sheep herders.

I'd really like to see NJ become the next "battle ground" for upholding our 2A Rights, after D.C. is confirmed by SCOTUS.

It would be interesting to know what could trigger (pun intended) a legitimate case to sue John "I don't have to obey traffic laws" Corzine and the state.

The only thing I can offer on-topic is: I have spoken to two of my friends, both LEO in NJ. I asked about getting a CCW in NJ. They just laughed at me.

Also, I did read somewhere in the last year or so where there was a NJ CCW who got into trouble with either brandishing or shooting in NJ somewhere. I believe Morristown was mentioned. I think he had a CCW due to profession (PI, armored car driver, bodyguard or something like that).

Feel free to apply, but don't get your hopes up.

"Lack of Justifiable Need"

Having to live in Jersey is justifiable reason enough.
    Warning: Driver only carries $20 worth of ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    I just looked at the form. At the top under the box for NEW/RENEW (in fine print) is your answer.

Each person applying for a Permit to Carry and Handgun must supply a letter of need, specific in content, as to why they have a need to carry a firearm in the
    State of New Jersey. If this application is employment-related, then your employer must supply this letter.
    Totally missed that sentence during my first read.

VIP Member
    I agree. Few even tried to address your question. I have edited out those responses. One of them can start a, "Lets complain about New Jersey," thread in the O/T forum.

It appears that you received your answer, so I will leave the thread, but it will remain closed.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Links