How many hours a day do you carry? - Page 4

How many hours a day do you carry?

This is a discussion on How many hours a day do you carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every time I go past the end of my driveway. I subscribe to the school of thought that if you're going to carry, you should ...

View Poll Results: How many (waking) hours do you carry

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 hour

3 1.37%
  • 2 hours

4 1.83%
  • 3 hours

6 2.74%
  • 4 hours

13 5.94%
  • 5 hours

8 3.65%
  • 6 hours

9 4.11%
  • 7 hours

8 3.65%
  • 8 hours

16 7.31%
  • 9 hours

2 0.91%
  • 10 hours

25 11.42%
  • 11 hours

4 1.83%
  • 12 hours

22 10.05%
  • 13 hours

9 4.11%
  • 14 hours

18 8.22%
  • 15 hours

11 5.02%
  • 16 hours

61 27.85%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many hours a day do you carry?

Every time I go past the end of my driveway. I subscribe to the school of thought that if you're going to carry, you should ALWAYS carry...for a number of reasons.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I'm yet to receive my permit card, so mine goes on my belt when I wake and gets hidden in a secure place somewhere on my way out. When I come home, it goes back onto my belt and says there until I hit the rack. Unfortunately, it won't add much time when I do receive the card because I go to school.

I'm considering asking about renting a parking space at the Baptist Collegiate Ministry's building so that I can at least travel to and from school with my gun.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

when i get up I put my 25 auto in my front pocket where it stays until I go to bed then I put my g27 on in its holster where it stays until I return home.I dont carry the glock at home but its never far from me.The 25 auto is to get me to the glock when im at home.

I answered 16 hours only because there was no option for more. I arise at 0510 and go to bet around 2230 to 2300. If I am out of bed or out of the shower, I am wearing pants and a gun. Even at dinner, the computer or watching TV. I don't wear pajamas or sweats around the house. If I am up I am armed. I know that I am more likely to encounter violence during a break-in than when I am out of the house. Both my weeks and weekends are gun friendly.

Moreover, I lay out my clothes next to my bed the night before. If I have an emergency (police/fire alarm at work in the middle of the night--it's happened twice), I jump in my clothes and go. My pants are already loaded with keys, wallet, cell phone, 2 knives, handkerchief, belt, holster and gun. I just jump in and go. Good emergency preparedness preparation. Gun's either on my hip or next to my bed. Always.

I carry on the job, and off work if I go out. Usually don't carry around the house. I do have guns in several rooms though...
    ~Teddy Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!~

I carry 95% of the time I leave the house. I'm self employed, so no rules against it. Occaisionally, it's not practical to wear a full frame 1911 strong side hip while wearing a tool belt, so I'll take it off when working.

I like rough-housing with my 4 year old daughter at home, so I take it off when I come home. I have a few guns handy in different areas in the house (from 12ga to .45acp).

I will also often not carry into friend's houses if I don't know 100% that they're comfortable with me carrying a gun.

I'm considering an ultralite .38 or 357 to carry in an ankle holster. If I get that, I'll be carrying several more hours a day.

I usually carry about 7 hours a day Monday thru Friday. Much more on the weekends of course.

I work on a military installation which makes it illegal to carry on.
    Fred

"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links