I got dragged to the mall today...

This is a discussion on I got dragged to the mall today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Going to the mall is like going to the zoo with no bars!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got dragged to the mall today...

Going to the mall is like going to the zoo with no bars!

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Still don't like them however - does that make me a biggot?
    Yep - just like me LOL.

But then I am an old phart! Sixto is right tho - most of those ''things'' are probably quite harmless and just craving attention - and it's not they we need to watch so much even tho they can hardly be missed!

Wide ranging scans are the order of the day.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    This tattood, spiked haired,peirced guy legally hides a .380ACP or .40S&W everywhere he goes,...after reading this thread....one of you guys might try and tase me

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    This tattood, spiked haired,peirced guy legally hides a .380ACP or .40S&W everywhere he goes,...after reading this thread....one of you guys might try and tase me
    Nah... we won't tase you but we may start tossing refrigerator magnets your way
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    ....he practices being as alert as possible when we are out.....
    I think my oldest son is going to be OK when he goes out into the world on his own.
    Hey, he's doing better than my fiance. She still can't point out the hookers in my neighborhood. It's not hard really....

At 24, I've had both ears pierced, and HAD the spiky hair. I tend not to look at as badly as some. I also ended up in the mall today...It was not fun.
    God Bless America!!

GPS

Mall Ninjas in training!

So, I went upstairs, strapped on the Glock 23, 4 spare fully loaded 13 round mags, 2 back up guns with a spare magazine each, 6 knives of various kinds and sizes, 2 cans of pepper spray, a stun gun, telescoping baton, Kevlar vest, 3 cell phones, and 3 flashlights. I was ready to go. But, I found I was unable to walk with all that on so a got rid of everything but the G23, 2 spare mags, a flashlight, a knife, one can of pepper spray (FOX labs) and the cell phone. Almost felt naked though.

We walked around and I looked at all the freaks and wondered how in the heck was I going to pick out the threat coming at me. It was like being dropped into the movie "Blade Runner' or something. What is it with the teens today? Do they all have to look like freaks?
    You forgot the black pajamas and the smoke bombs!! When I started to read your message, I thought it was going to be another "day in the life of a Mall Ninja" spoof. As far as all the freaks, it must have been all that metal you were carrying that was attracting the pierced wonders. I always make sure I never get too close to any of them during any of our frequent thunder storms down here in New Orleans. They tend to act as lightning rods!
    Cordially,
    GPS

Visit U.S. Concealed Carry - The Ultimate Resource for the Armed Citizen http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/inde...ffID=GStrecker

kpw
    Thanks for that, Mike! I've got 3 girls and one boy...I HATE the mall!

dragged to the mall

you have my sympathy, the only other worst place to
    be is at a chucke chesse place.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

The "freaks" don't worry me at all, I guess because, I still Identify with them in a way. Its the ones who go unnoticed, and the thugs and gangsta that concern me more.

I dont go to malls much anymore. I see no reason to run with the herd.

VIP Member

we would look at each other and say "Taser" every time we saw another freak.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Moderator
    I don't mind the mall. I like people watching, and what better place to people watch than the mall, WalMart and the DMV. They are truly places for a mix of all cultures, makes and models.

All of these places are great for brushing up on your ability to collect quick data and process a room. How many people in the room? Any questionable characters? That sort.

It's a good place to also figure out what you are NOT going to let your children dress like.

Although in places like that everyone is a potential threat despite what they look like.

It does sound like your son is on the right track. Keep up the good work!

VIP Member
    Oh my gosh the mall !!!! UGH !!! If any of ya'll happen to see me in the mall, look around pretty closely because someone will have me outgunned making me stay in there. SO SEND HELP
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Sorry you got dragged to the mall, but it sounds like you had some quality time with your son. It those funny little moments ("taser") that he will remember.

Hope you got out out with your wallet in tact.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Well, we didn't spend much money there. Just time and I can afford that.

We did go grocery shopping at Sam's Club after the mall and we did give old dead Dam a good bit of our money there. It costs alot to feed 5 kids, two of which are teens and me and the wife for 2 weeks. I do believe in all honesty that of everyone in the house, I eat the least.

I do know and have explained to my son that the freaks aren't the ones you normally have to be leery of. It's the ones who try to blend in so you don't suspect them that are the dangerous ones. He understands and he watches everyone. He's a good kid. A little too fascinated by video games for my taste but a good kid none the less. If I could just get him to cut his shoulder length hair I'd be real happy but, if his hair is anything like mine he had better enjoy it while it is still on his head and not in the shower drain. So I don't make too much of a fuss about it. Besides, he says there are a couple of girls who like his hair at school.

Thanks for the compliments, I think we are doing a good job of raising him and his siblings. Time will tell.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links