The elusive and mystical "New York City" Concealed Pistol Permit...

This is a discussion on The elusive and mystical "New York City" Concealed Pistol Permit... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nobody forces you to live there. One of the huge reasons I left CA, over 12 years ago, was of there rediculous gun control laws ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The elusive and mystical "New York City" Concealed Pistol Permit...

Nobody forces you to live there. One of the huge reasons I left CA, over 12 years ago, was of there rediculous gun control laws that keep getting more rediculous. I now live in a state where they believe folks should have the ability to protect them and their loved ones, not to mention all the drugs, gangs and crime my kids haven't been exposed to that I had been by their age. You couldn't pay me to live in a unfriendly gun state like CA. NY. MA. etc......
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berettaguy View Post

sorry but i'll stick with my $10 application fee and 10 day waiting period(plus no other charges for finger printing)

(be so much easier and cheaper if they'd just allow OC like here in N.H.)
    I had a NH non-res permit before TX & AL had reciprocity. I drive between here & FL occasionally, so needed reciprocity all the way there. It was $20, no background check (have to have CCW permit where you live), had it within 2 weeks door to door! I don't need it anymore now that we have reciprocity. I wish ours was that cheap here!

VIP Member
    I knew two...one was (then) former Police Commissioner Ray Kelly whom I worked for for a few months before he went to Haiti to be a police trainer or something like that....he carried a S&W 2" .38SPL in an ankle holster.

The second was a P.I.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Perhaps not so "elusive" but can be "pricey"!

I'm a former NY'r (yes NYC) who help a "personal protection" unrestricted CCW issued by NYC up until two years ago. I t wasn't "hard to get", perhaps because I had been a reserve (NOT "auxiliary") deputy in LA County for 16 years who qualified monthly and shot DX. what was strange however, was that in the process, it was "suggested" that a "size able contribution" be made to the PBA to help "grease the wheels". I was embarrassed about even being asked. I declined, at it took about a month and it arrived. So I'm not at all surprised that Mssrs. Trump, Deniro and Stern (not to mention the well to do attorney mentioned) have CCW's. I maintain one here in AZ, and while I have mixed feelings about our new changes, I like this system better.

I have a friend who lives in Downsville, NY , not sure which county, and he received his full carry on his first application. Another friend in Binghamton wife received full carry on first try. Up there there is a company called Rochester Defense that helps greatly. The only person I know who has a full carry in NYC is really well connected. Although, almost as tough to get a friend of my son's has a full carry in NJ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links