Defensive Carry banner

Am I Legal?

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Pro2A 
#1 ·
I'm a WV resident with a WV CC permit....when driving in my car to VA, every day with my pistol concealed, am I still legal in VA the same way I am legal in WV.......or are there different rules? I cannot find a straight answer anywhere online. I've read yes and I've read no.

#3 ·
#4 ·
usacarry.com is your best bet. I checked it and Virginia honors the West Virginia CC permit. There may be different laws overall governing concealed carry, and you are subject to the laws of the state that you are in (meaning that if the laws regarding where CC permit holders can carry are different, you are subject to VA's laws on it when in VA), but you are legal in Virginia to carry concealed (insofar as it is legal in VA).

#9 ·
It's only an issue if the place SERVES alcohol for consumption on premises. If they only sell alcohol for off premises consumption you can remain concealed. So in the gas station, grocery store, or even the Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) board store you can carry concealed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.