Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas? - Page 2

Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas?

This is a discussion on Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DogRanger Kentucky sounds good,hows realestate prices for a working American man.? My house is 1700 square feet, 2 car garage, .25 acre ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas?

Quote Originally Posted by DogRanger View Post
    Kentucky sounds good,hows realestate prices for a working American man.?
    My house is 1700 square feet, 2 car garage, .25 acre yard, partially finished basement, 2 fireplaces and it was 127,200 in Lexington. We got a really good deal on an estate sale though, it's apprasied at like 145 now that I've replaced the furnace/ac.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Just for what it is worth. We bought our home 3 years ago. 4Br,3Ba,2car G.,1-1/2 acre, total electric with wod burner,Finished walkout basement, 12x20 built storage barn,brick with 253 feet of waterfront and dock on Lake Barkley, 3 miles from town.$225,000 cash. We have turned down an offer to buy for $350,000 since then. We live in a very small county (only 2 stoplights in the entire county) and the people are as friendly as they come. The Sheriff is VERY pro CCW!!!

Love it here is an understatement.

But Ohio has such a convoluted mess for vehicle restrictions that I wanted to make sure.
    Are you sure you are up to date on Ohio? Most of the complexities of "vehicle carry" disappeared last March. About the only "issue" still remaining is that if the firearm is "on your person" it must be in a "holster". If not on your person, it must be in a closed container (a purse qualifies).

The big watchout for out of state visitors is that concealed firearms are NOT permitted in any gov't building, and that includes highway rest stops. The "unless authorized by law" on the signs does NOT mean US!

Ken
    (who lives close to Kentucky and likes their CCW laws even more)

Sponsor
    ken45,
    I realize Ohio has cleaned up the vehicle issue for ccw. however if you recall, it was quite a mess for a long time and the latest ccw amendment makes it darn near impossible to transport a hand gun in a vehicle if you don't have a ccw.

I just want to insure that we were the only state this screwed up.

BTW, I made the trip with out a hitch. Thanks to everyone for the info.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    ken45,
    I realize Ohio has cleaned up the vehicle issue for ccw. however if you recall, it was quite a mess for a long time and the latest ccw amendment makes it darn near impossible to transport a hand gun in a vehicle if you don't have a ccw.
    I don't think so. You need it unloaded (means no ammo nearby) and out of reach of the driver. Very easy to do if you have the gun in the trunk or in a locked box. I did that for years when I went to the target range.

Furthermore, even if you carried a loaded gun in your trunk (or a locked box), as long as you do not give police permission to search your vehicle, they couldn't legally find it without a search warrant based on probable cause. IOW, you are probably more at risk of being hit by a meteor unless you have illegal drugs or something in the car.

Ken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links