Patience is all it took

Patience is all it took

This is a discussion on Patience is all it took within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I remember some time back, posting about a buddy of mine who didn't want me carrying around him. Well I told him I wasn't going ...

Thread: Patience is all it took

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Patience is all it took

I remember some time back, posting about a buddy of mine who didn't want me carrying around him. Well I told him I wasn't going to leave my gun at home, and we didn't hang out for quite some time as a result of that. I believe now he's starting to come around, this past Saturday, we went to go see Cloverfield (aweful movie by the way). He asked me if I was packing in the theatre and I asked him "Does it matter?" He responded by saying "I guess not." So maybe he's finally coming around to realizing that I'm not going to change. You really have to be patient with some people.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

My former brother-in-law (I'm a widower) used to be like that. He bought into the standard media line of "but...but... nobody needs to carry a gun!!" He has slowly come around. It probably helped that I was patient with him and also took him shooting.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

All it takes is a little education!

I wonder what these weasles, sorry I couldn't resist that, would think of themselves should their wife or girlfriend get raped in front of them because they didn't have something to manage the situation with, ie., handgun.

Oh no! I did it again. Let me try once more.

"Seeing as how civilization has advanced so far perhaps it's time for us to make a special effort to understand the unfortunate criminals among us and thereby forestall any urges they may have to do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    All it takes is a little education!
    and some polite persistence!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    We had a great conversation at work today. One of the docs is into guns, and she's thinking about getting a CCW. She had asked about where to buy accessories, and really doesn't know much. I gave her last weeks "Shotgun News" just for her to look through. Another doc said that "Guns just give people a false sense of security". I couldn't get him to explain, so I asked him "If you're attacked, what would you use to defend yourself". He replied "A baseball bat!". So I asked him where he carried it, if he just had it on his shoulder, or if he tried to conceal it. He said "well, I don't carry it around with me", so I asked him how he would be able to use it if he was attacked. I said that in my case, the gun is always with me, so I KNOW how I can defend myself. That pretty much ended the conversation. A few minutes later, as the anti gun doc was in with a patient, the other doc started talking about not being able to understand that attitude. I just said that there's a name for people like that, they're called "VICTIMS"!

I find life too short to worry about making the rest of the world happy.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

You need to show the sheeple that we are just regular people, not the stereotypes seen in movies and TV. My CHL class was a real eye-opener for me: all ages, races, and men and women.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    My wife, who never really had a problem with my guns.....has finally come around to the fact that I wish to have something with me when we go out of the house. I know because at Christmas, all the pant were a size too large and the shirts were XL's......she said, "so that...you know...it won't show". I said thanks and kissed her on the cheek. Now, if I can only get her to the range...........
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

My wife was against me carrying at first, and I just kept talking with her and eventually she came around. Now when she finds them, she sets aside gun related articles from the paper for me on Sunday.

My wife loves to shoot but wasn't comfortable getting her CHL, and not really comfortable with me carrying in public.
    Until the night we came out of Drug Mart and found a greasy looking individual trying the handle on her Buick.
    He turned as if to confront us, at least until I thrust my hand into my pocket and seized the handle of my Charter.
    I never drew, not a cross word was uttered, but I was locked onto the threat and he knew it: he retreated, got into another car and made haste to depart.
    Subsequent conversation with the local constabulary revealed they'd arrested the same individual later that night, weapon and threats involved.
    The wife has withdrawn her objections to my carrying.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    It's good to see he's coming around. Stay patient with him and be sure no to push your point too much. If you give him enough room maybe he will warm up to the idea enough that he will eve realize you are right.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Your buddy is lucky to have you as a friend. Most people would simply give up on a friend like that. Stay true to yourself and help guide him along.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links