CC Permits are up 23% in NC!!!

This is a discussion on CC Permits are up 23% in NC!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Way to go Guilford County!!! I was just watching the news and they were at Calibers gun store and talking about due to the recent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC Permits are up 23% in NC!!!

Thumbs up CC Permits are up 23% in NC!!!

Way to go Guilford County!!! I was just watching the news and they were at Calibers gun store and talking about due to the recent increase of violent crime and home break ins in the area the number of people applying for CC permits was up 23% in 2007 from 2006. They said that in Guilford county alone there were 108 applications filed requesting a CC permit since Jan 1st. We are a little over 3 weeks into the new year, so that is 108 permits in aprox 15 days!! That is great, hopefully the other counties in NC are doing the same!!
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Sounds like a few of 'em are wakeing up and applying some common sense......up 23% !
    Bravo Zulu!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I hate to hear that there are so FEW. But, 108 is better than 107.

I've put 44 people through my class since July of '07. I plan on running about 2 classes per month through Aug or Sept. Most of my students are from Wake and Johnston counties. As long as the numbers are up it's a great thing. Thanks for posting.

I still can not understand why anyone would choose not to get a permit and carry.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I still can not understand why anyone would choose not to get a permit and carry.
    You can Thank:

The Media
    The Medical Profession
    The Educational System
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    UHHH Because they live in Alice and Wonderland Fatasy land!

Exept even in Alice in wonderland the Walrus still devoured all the little Unprotected Clams!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I think that Concealed Handgun Permits are up all over the country, not just in NC.

We have noticed an increase here in Arkansas, and I have talked to instructors from Texas,Tennessee and Louisiana and they have noticed the same thing.

For us,and looking back at the records, it appears that any class in January is full for some reason,with the class waning in the summer months and getting higher toward the end of the year. That has been the trend since 1995...except for last year.

It never did let up. The last 6 classes we put on averaged from 45-50 in attendance. In the last two weeks, I have been contacted by members of two different churches to see if we could put on a class for their members there at the church.

The numbers are UP and it does seem like more people are becoming aware. Since we started a "new shooters" segment of the class, the attendance at the range went from 6 for the first class, to 14 for the second class.

I started a thread on this sometime ago and the general consensus was that more people across the nation are getting their permits.

Its enough of a trend that we are considering putting on a class every 2 months instead of every 3 months.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

This is one of the reasons that if a permit from a particular state is available to obtain via mail, I apply for it to support that state's CCW program. The greater the number of permits, the better for pro 2A laws in those states - especially for concealed carry.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Cool I attend school there
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Gun permits drop 25% in Bay State (MA)
    Culture shift, fees are cited
    By Matt Carroll, Globe Staff | August 12, 2007
    Gun permits drop 25% in Bay State - The Boston Globe

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Gun permits drop 25% in Bay State (MA)
    Culture shift, fees are cited
    By Matt Carroll, Globe Staff | August 12, 2007
    Gun permits drop 25% in Bay State - The Boston Globe

- Janq
    I have no way to prove it, but maybe those who used to be permit holders in MA have moved to more friendly confines - so where MA loses permit holders, other states gain.
    - Winston Churchill
    Life Member - GOA

Quote Originally Posted by walvord View Post
    I have no way to prove it, but maybe those who used to be permit holders in MA have moved to more friendly confines - so where MA loses permit holders, other states gain.
    It's covered as to the reasons why in the first paragraphs of the article;

"The number of licensed gun owners in Massachusetts has declined by more than a quarter in the past six years, a falloff driven by restrictive laws, higher licensing fees, and cultural change, according to police officers and gun owners.

The drop is especially dramatic in the eastern part of the state and in urban areas. The number of licensed gun owners fell at least 30 percent in Boston, Springfield, Quincy, Fall River, and Waltham. It dropped at least 20 percent in more than 220 of the state's 351 communities.

The number of licensed owners climbed in about 40 mostly smaller communities in the central and western parts of the state. It also rose in a handful of eastern suburbs and cities, such as Weston and Brockton, according to data from the state's Criminal History Systems Board, which tracks licensed gun owners.

Overall, the number of people in Massachusetts with a license to carry a weapon has declined from about 330,000 to about 240,000 from 2001 to 2007. Over the past three years, the number of licensed owners has declined by 15,000..."

MA doesn't currently have a large exodus of population exchange, enough atleast to support your theory.
    It's nice though to see other states making up for the losses of this state.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

It looks like the antigunners in Taxachussetts are winning.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Jang -
    Yes, I read the article but figured the Boston Pravda could be playing fast and loose with the facts. They cite the facts from police officers (possibly the ones that are anti-gun) and gun owners (probably the ones from the "gun guys" web site funded by George Soros). The Globe rates right up there with the NY Times. Although, cultural change could be right if people are moving out and are replaced by another group of that are not used to being free. Getting info from newspapers anymore is like getting straight info from a teenage daughter.
    - Winston Churchill
    Life Member - GOA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links