Noticed another card member

This is a discussion on Noticed another card member within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to a local pizza place. The place was packed and backed up. Some idiot decided to take a 50 pizza order which screwed up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noticed another card member

Noticed another card member

Went to a local pizza place. The place was packed and backed up. Some idiot decided to take a 50 pizza order which screwed up the night for the rest of the customers with late pizzas, switched orders, wrong toppings, etc. I was behind this guy in line, I noticed he kept staring at me....I wondered a bit, but thought nothing of it. He got up to the cashier to pay for his phoned order which still wasn't ready. Apparently he doesn't believe in wallets, he reached for a credit card that was stashed in this pile of other cards. He dropped his ID on the counter, which just so happen to have his Texas CHL I.D. under it. I knew it because our permits have a distinguishable blue and red colors. I didn't want to say anything because there were people around us, and conceal means conceal, so I couldn't really say, "SO, I see that you're concealing a gun too!" I just chuckled and life went on. I saw a reflection of myself on the counter and realized why he was staring at me, I forgot that I was wearing my Beretta hat.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    you'll have that sometimes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

At least you know you're not the only one!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

So then did you attempt to find evidence of the hidden article?

Got caught looking, then you start looking over his body, in Texas no less...that would go over well.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    so I couldn't really say, "SO, I see that you're concealing a gun too!" I just chuckled and life went on. I saw a reflection of myself on the counter and realized why he was staring at me, I forgot that I was wearing my Beretta hat.
    Watched the movie "Miss Congeniality" the other evening. Laguhed like crazy when Sandra Bullock(the FBI agent posing as a beauty contestant) dived from the stage and tackled a man in the audience who she noticed was carrying. After things calmed down, and it was found that the man was not a threat Candice Bergen(the pagent director)asked Sandra why she tackled the guy. She said "We're in Texas - everybody has a gun, even the florist carries a gun!"

Not trying to derail the thread, just thought you'd enjoy the humor.

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

VIP Member
    Just because he had the card doesnt mean he carried. I know people that have permits that cant understand carrying everywhere ya go.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Got caught looking, then you start looking over his body, in Texas no less...that would go over well.
    Yeah. Purse your lips, cross your arms, lean back on one leg and give him an "up and down" look while nodding your head. Maybe an "MmmmmHmmmm" in there. You'll make a friend for life.

Senior Moderator
    Yeah. Purse your lips, cross your arms, lean back on one leg and give him an "up and down" look while nodding your head. Maybe an "MmmmmHmmmm" in there. You'll make a friend for life.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Many of my friends have carry permits and don't ever carry...go figure.

I think every guy has a deep seated desire to be thought of as a "dangerous" man. A little Clint Eastwood in all of us?

So, these guys get a permit to carry in their wallet and think..."I could carry, if I wanted"...and thats as "bad" as they want to get.

Thoughts?
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

I used my GFL as my second form of ID at Blockbuster Video. I also use it as my ID when I vote.

A lot of folks carry up here.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Texas! Only two things comes from Texas!

Yeah, I've used my CCW as a secondary ID before (taking my Ham radio test) and no one blinked an eye. I keep it up under my regular ID in my wallet, so I can grab both if necessary. Ours is not specially colored, just black and white (except the permit number - red) but still something you would notice if you knew what you were looking at. I keep my credit/debit cards elsewhere, however.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

Semper Vigilans et Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Or, he'll speed up and get the h&ll out of the way!

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrown777 View Post
    Many of my friends have carry permits and don't ever carry...go figure.

I think every guy has a deep seated desire to be thought of as a "dangerous" man. A little Clint Eastwood in all of us?

So, these guys get a permit to carry in their wallet and think..."I could carry, if I wanted"...and thats as "bad" as they want to get.

Thoughts?
    Well, you asked.

When I got mine, I had two reasons.
    One was CYA: if I ever got stopped for anything, and there was a gun nearby, I would be protected. And, of course, if I "happened" to feel like carrying, I could - it gave me a legal option.
    Two was political: I believe in the right, and felt (feel) that if enough people don't exercise their right - obtain a permit - politicians, who justify their existance by making, changing, and repealing laws, might think that there isn't enough interest to support the permits, and eliminate them. That is, if there were a large enough number of permits on the street, that would constitute a large enough "voting block" the Politicos wouldn't want to pi$$ them off. To me, it was "voting."

As soon as I submitted my application to the Tx DPS, I started carrying around the house. I had my 1911 IWB for almost two weeks while I re-modeled the kitchen (including the plumbing under the sink, new dishwasher, etc) to learn how to comfortably carry it. By the time it (permit) arrived, it (gun) felt natural.
    Of course, I had to "test-drive" it as soon as I got it, but I never thought of myself as a "gun-toter," nor expected to be.
    Wasn't long before I felt guilty for not carrying when with my family. No surprise. But then I started feeling guilty - no, remiss would be a better word - when I wasn't able to help anyone around me at my favorite grocery store, or Wal-Mart, etc. I'm not a helpless "woossy" by any means, but I'm not foolish enough to unnecessarily endanger my family's breadwinner if I don't have every advantage available to me. Sort of a social disease; I feel I should do what I can for my fellow man, and this (permit) extends what I can do.

Nothing in the classes/training or registration ( ) implies that sheep can't qualify, too; encourage them to renew their permits - it helps protect ours.

As you may have guessed by now, I wear mine watching TV, mowing the yard, - always. (even when I get out of the shower, I have a holster I use) Not that I think Ninja Zombies on PCP are going to come rapelling down through my skylights; rather, the more I wear it in the house the more natural and comfortable it is when I'm out of the house.

My kids are so used to it, they don't even notice. My 7-yr-old will snuggle up to watch TV, shift her shoulder/arm to get off the hammer, and not even realize it. All my (4) kids know where/how I carry, but never think about it.

Enough about me.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links