CO: Carry at Tanner Gun Show - Denver

This is a discussion on CO: Carry at Tanner Gun Show - Denver within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What happens when you get to the door? I'd prefer to leave my gun loaded and holstered....

Thread: CO: Carry at Tanner Gun Show - Denver

CO: Carry at Tanner Gun Show - Denver

What happens when you get to the door? I'd prefer to leave my gun loaded and holstered.

2. Remove Ads

Here at the Washington Arms Collectors shows members are allowed unloaded carry, non-members are allowed a long walk back to the car to disarm.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

The gun show I went to last week in Elk City Oklahoma they asked that all guns be unloaded and tagged with a zip tie through the barrel or action. I was CCW but had unloaded mine knowing that they would probably have a problem. She asked for my magazine and kept it in the money box while I was there. I don't like it but realize why. I was at a gun show in NC where a guy got shot through the hand with a .25 that was handed to him by a dumb guy. The dumb guy disappeared as soon as the gun went off and for about 30 seconds you could hear a pin drop. At the time there was no provision for CCW in NC.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Spare magazines

Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    She asked for my magazine and kept it in the money box while I was there.
    I had to do that once in Kalamazoo Michigan as well. Funny thing, they didn't ask if I had any other magazines so I still had my 2 spare (grin)

Eric

I knew it was coming so I left my spairs in the truck.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

You have to pass a "checkpoint" at entrance... If you are carrying, they take your gun, make you remove all ammunition and use zip-ties to render it unshootable.

Although, with the amount of ammo and guns at the Tanner Show, I wouldn't worry too much about needing my ccw... one of the few places in the world I wouldn't.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

No loose ammo, no loaded mags, no loaded firearms. Loose ammo is either given up (not getting it back), or take it back to the car. They usually get upset if you make it to the check point with a loaded firearm - you maybe asked to leave and take the firearm back to your vehicle and leave it there - seen that happen a couple of times. I have never had or seen magazines taken up.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Wouldnt open carry , but never seen a metal detector or wand yet at a gunshow in the state . IMHO this is one place that concealed means just that , if you want to try holster fit well take it in a case unloaded and get it banded .. nuff said ??
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

1943 - 2009
    Keep in mind that the OP asked about carrying at the gunshow in Denver, Colorado.

If you wish to address that question, feel free to do so.

We have discussed the pros and cons, ins and outs, ups and downs & legality or illegality of carrying at gun shows too many times to count.

We are not going there again...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I have carried a few times at the show out of simply ignoring the sign, i'm not real comfortable leaving my firearm locked in my vehicle at the merch mart. Not the best area and i've never seen any form of security in the lots.

I know they have a little police sub station there, and that tells me why I don't leave it in the car.

I've never been asked if i have a gun on me.. never been wanded/searched, and there are no metal detectors installed.

I understand not wanting loaded firearms...but I never understand the no ammo and no mags....I mean if you really wanted you could probably find plenty there.... and buy them.

I make sure it is conceled very good and never touch it or so signs of carrying. If you want to look for or try on stuff unload it and have it zip tyed.

Semper Fi

I have never been asked or searched or known of anyone who has at the Tanner Gun Show. I usually just drop my mag and the one in the chamber in to a coat pocket and re holster empty. I definitely wouldn't leave it in your car, even as crowded as that parking lot is I have heard of a couple of people who have had things stolen. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskquatch View Post
    I have never been asked or searched or known of anyone who has at the Tanner Gun Show. I usually just drop my mag and the one in the chamber in to a coat pocket and re holster empty. I definitely wouldn't leave it in your car, even as crowded as that parking lot is I have heard of a couple of people who have had things stolen. Just my opinion.
    Last time I was there, in December, they did ASK at the door... There were plenty of Uniformed LEO there, too.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Links