Would you carry to a job interview?

This is a discussion on Would you carry to a job interview? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a job interview on Tuesday. Not the Federal Government, nuclear power plant, etc. Just a normal business. I have no idea what their ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you carry to a job interview?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Would you carry to a job interview?

I have a job interview on Tuesday. Not the Federal Government, nuclear power plant, etc. Just a normal business. I have no idea what their weapons policy is. But, would you carry to the interview?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Again, I ask the question...If you're legal to carry and can do it legally and effectively, why not? If you've got the gun concealed properly, no one will know, so why worry?

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Yes.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

EW3
    My $0.02:

I would not. You're going to be nervous as it is; you don't want to be worrying also about being made. It doesn't matter how legal it may be to carry, a job interview is a process of elimination, so it may be just enough to get you knocked out of the running if someone were to find out during the interview.

You only get ONE chance to make a good first impression, why take the chance of ruining that if your interviewer is an "anti"?
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Hmmph...

After carrying this long, every day, I think I'd be MORE nervous without a gun.

--Travis--

How bad do you want this job?

How many job interviews have you been on in the last two months?

Are you going to be wearing something that you have worn before and concealed?

IMO, anything other than a tucked IWB would be out of the question, but then I guess it depends on what kind of job you are going for.

Maybe getting it in your head that where you are going is a federal building, so lock it up in the car before you go in.

I suppose if you were taking a briefcase, you could put it in there.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

kpw
    I'd say do whatever makes you comfortable. I haven't found job interviews all that stressfull to cause undo worry about what I've got in my pocket or under my clothes but if you do, then I would not do it if I were you. Btw, good luck, I hope ya get it!

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    carry always where legal, but then again its your choice... concealed is concealed..
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Sure I would. If they dont want my 1911 on the place they dont want me there either.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    My $0.02:

I would not. You're going to be nervous as it is; you don't want to be worrying also about being made. It doesn't matter how legal it may be to carry, a job interview is a process of elimination, so it may be just enough to get you knocked out of the running if someone were to find out during the interview.

You only get ONE chance to make a good first impression, why take the chance of ruining that if your interviewer is an "anti"?
    I totally agree..

If it's going to be a distraction for you leave it in the car. Then you can focus on the interview.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

I know that I'm going to go against the grain here but I would not carry on an interview. I try to make the best possible impression that I can on these. There will be plenty of time later on to do this if the company allows. Just think that if it did somehow print that you would be remembered as the guy that had the gun versus the man that was qualified for the job. I try to get the job that I want and then I worry about being able to carry later. I know you guys may not think this way but I spend so much time at a job that I want to enjoy it and need that income to support my gun buying habits. ha! I can't carry on my current job so I just lock it up in a case in the car while I'm here. Just my thoughts on it.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I agree with the "do not" carry group...leave it in the car. Lots of threads on people carrying concealed at work and something happens causing them to be unconcealed...focus on getting the job.

Rick

Nope. The chances of it "hurting" are much better than "helping".

Why take the risk. Leave it in the car.

Uncertain of your method of carry, but folks are going to be really looking at you in an interview situation, if only for awhile. If you're going to get "made", then it's going to be during this time.

Am assuming you don't know the company's stance and policy, but it's safe to assume that it's one of disarmament and immediate dismissal if found to carry weapons. Am assuming you don't know if they have detectors in some doorways.

The risk is: getting made could kill the job opportunity. Decide if that's enough of a worry. If a minor concern, go deeply concealed. If a heavy concern, consider not carrying inside that building. The worst thing that could happen, legally, is that you don't get the job. Decide accordingly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links