Age - and retreatability

This is a discussion on Age - and retreatability within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've lost probably 80% of the proper use of my right leg on the average day - I can still walk and function, but that's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age - and retreatability

I've lost probably 80% of the proper use of my right leg on the average day - I can still walk and function, but that's about it. Some days it's a hobble, some days I can run - but I don't count on the latter.
    Rfurtkamp,

Master Mark Shuey Sr. has a great self defense system called "Cane Masters". I have no idea if you even need to use one or not, but his system will keep a "legal to carry even on an airplane" weapon in your hand at all times.

Mike

2. Remove Ads

Hey guys I am a Disabled Veteran who suffers from knee problems and the same. When I went to my local VA for a Check up the doc told me to move it and start walking. Well I sat around for a while and did not do it until one day I saw an older gentleman walking with his pipe and I could not believe it he is in his seventies and he walks rain or shine. My home is near a retirement center. This inspired me to move it. Well needless to say I am back near my military weight and I feel great. Guys it does not take much, park far away when you go to wally world to pick up ammo, walk to the end of your street and ease into it. Furthermore make sure we all are current with our check ups. Well guys I don't know your individual issues I only hope and pray you stay as fit and strong as possible. PS the doc at the VA also said use it or lose it.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I am gaining a spare tire from being a supervisor, that wasn't there as an officer! Gotta work on that.
    AZ - no duty to retreat, "stand your ground" state.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

BlueLion, nice encourgement to all of us, we need to walk for sure. I am one lazy dude but doctor tells me the same thing, walk. Take it easy guys and also consider light weights maybe 2lbs for arm exercise. See you around the block!!!
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LPguy
    Rfurtkamp,
    Master Mark Shuey Sr. has a great self defense system called "Cane Masters". I have no idea if you even need to use one or not, but his system will keep a "legal to carry even on an airplane" weapon in your hand at all times.
    What sword technique I learned with the bokken carries over pretty well with a cane or any smaller stout stick - I'm not to cane point yet, but I may well be at some point.

Then again, I may go AOW shotgun cane at that point too. ;)
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Bluelion has a great point. I was talking with my partner whos a retired detective that worked the Tac. team, lastnight. Hes in his early sixtys, he tells me that running/jogging is only margenaly better for you that walking. If anything running/jogging will more likely give you joint problems.

Cool

I agree with most of you. But I well be 60 in about 3 weeks, I work out 3 to 4 times week. But my knees are butter, so my reteat well not be much. I still do bench press of 255lbs, that 10 lbs over my weight. I try to 2 reps of 10 on each work out. I also try to do my pistol shooting drills at least once a month. That's somswhere 250 to 500 rounds. But to me the most impotant thing is the gray matter between your ears, don't every give up! Your mind is all powerful. My ideal is if a man gets me I want him in hell waitting for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links