Well I forgot for the first time - Page 2

Well I forgot for the first time

This is a discussion on Well I forgot for the first time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by skippythenurse I sometimes fall asleep on it. My husband and I have both been inown to do that. Get home, sit down, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I forgot for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    I sometimes fall asleep on it.
    My husband and I have both been inown to do that. Get home, sit down, relax a bit, stretch out and fall asleep. We both carry IWB and it is so comfy that we both forget it is there and often forget it is there. I carried for the first time out the other day and never even realized I had it on except that I felt the weight. I loved it.

TDPalmer

Haven't forgotten the CCW. Have forgotten something else important though. Maybe twice in the last couple of years I've been on the way to work when I get a call from my wife... "are you missing something? You left your permit at home on the bed". Crap. Secure gun within car so that it's legal w/o CWP.

After the second time I adjusted my getting ready routine to make extra extra sure that if I leave with a CCW that I have the permit also (2nd degree misdemeanor in FL IIRC for carrying w/o the permit on you). I can imagine the panicked feeling of suddenly realizing the CCW is not on you, where is it? Once or twice I've mistakenly thought I left a piece at the range and it's not a good feeling.

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Anyone else ever get so comfortable with carrying that they forget to grab their gun before they run out the door for a brief moment?
    Yup. You'll feel even dumber when you realize you still have the spare mag in your pocket holder but nothing to use it in....
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Anyone else ever get so comfortable with carrying that they forget to grab their gun before they run out the door for a brief moment?
    Not yet although I am very comfortable carrying my Glock, I always feel uncomfortable when I do not have it on. So, when it isn't there I am acutely aware of the fact that it is not sitting on my right hip.

Glad you didn't need it when you didn't have it though.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Not yet, i put it on just like my cell ph.

I cannot take a weapon to school, but as soon as I arrive home, it's back to IWB...if I take a late afternoon nap, the Kimber stays on...don't even know it's there.
    I never leave home without it, I have had to return to the house to get my wallet, but not my weapon...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Keys, phone, lunch, gun. Yep, I'm ready for my day.

I literally say that to myself almost every day when I touch the door knob to leave in the morning. I went goose hunting, then rabbit hunting this weekend and wondered "Why aren't I carrying right now?" I generally carry when I hunt but this weekend it was like it slipped my mind.

Maybe I should just stick to #1 weapon, so I don't experience any varying weights. That way I know it's there...or not.

I think I have too many options in regards to possible weapons....perhaps a garage sale?

Yeah, that'll happen.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

I carry two guns, but have accidently left the house with one left behind.

I hate it when that happens.

I use to leave the Walther PPKs in an IWB clip holster in the center consol of the truck. But some BGs stated breaking in cars, in our area so I had to bring it in the house resulting in me having to remember.

So what I did was to make it part of my getting dress regiment.

I have a NAA 25 magnum, P3 AT 380, G19 and Walther PPKs 380 in my top dresser drawer. Based upon where Im headed I pick out the gun first, and then I pick out my clothing based upon which gun I am going to carry.

It then stays in my pocket or holster until Im back home for the night.

Getting old sucks and the say memory is the second thing to go

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I don't usually carry around my house...so yes I have forgot before...jumped in truck to get a gallon of milk or something like that at the corner store...but boy does it feel strange to not have it.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

One of the advantages of pocket carry....When I put change in one pocket, my carry goes in the other pocket....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

I had the opposite problem once

I haven't accidentally left home without my EDC on, but once I forgot to take it off. I was in a place that I had decided I would not carry. While it was not illegal (not posted, not a legislated gun-free zone, etc.) it could have been embarrassing (at least) if someone had known I was carrying so I had made a conscious decision not to carry there. This time, I pretended I needed to go back to the car and locked it up there. It scared me mostly because it could have happened at one of the "verboten" locations, like church.

I carry most of the time, even though the laws make it inconvenient most days. As I leave the house I have my keys, cell phone, gun status check. I have started doing that check before I get out of my car at each location to make sure that I wear it where I should and don't wear it where I shouldn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links