This carry dichotomy :( - Page 2

This carry dichotomy :(

This is a discussion on This carry dichotomy :( within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think that most of us share the feelings expressed here. I find it both useful and hugely frustrating to try to parse through traditional ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think that most of us share the feelings expressed here.

I find it both useful and hugely frustrating to try to parse through traditional liberal thinking. I think that at the heart of it is a sense that as people, we should be evolving past the use of violence to solve problems. You can pick it up if you spend enough time looking at what they say.

And in the abstract, it is a nice philosophy, I guess.

Except that it really igores the fact that people seem hard wired for violence under certain circumstances. War has been a part of us since way before Alexander the Great, and one has only to take a casual look at the Muslim world to know that it is very much a part of the so-called "religion of peace".

I take a lot of comfort from the proliferation of "shall issue" state laws, and the expansion of the Castle Doctrine. In MI where I live, the budget crunches at the State and County levels have resulted in a decrease of LEOs. Which translates into looking out for onesself, family and neighbors.

And an increase in CCW
    applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Zaria View Post
    He thinks there should be a mandatory gun recall by the government.
    I like the idea of having a mandatory recall, by the people, and for the people, of all politicians and judges that lie when the "solemnly swear to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States." Not as they want it to be, but, as it was originally written, including all it's amendments, as they were written.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I work in a gun shop for pete's sake and can't carry a gun.
    Really? I think the employees were armed in every gun shop I've ever been in (as well as most of the customers!) I don't believe I would support a gun shop that wanted me to suspend my 2nd amendment rights in their place of business.

They were evil because the very core of their being was evil and they didn't need a gun to make them that way
    Violence predates the invention of gunpowder by centuries. There is a certain percentage of people who feel that it's acceptable to take what they want from others, rather than working for it themselves. Before the invention of the firearm, the strong preyed on the weak with impunity. Firearms make the weak equal in force to the strong, and it's the only invention in history that does so. Eliminate firearms, and we're back to the strong preying on the weak.

No thanks.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    To apply the cliché, the sheep only see the teeth, and make no distinction whether those teeth are attached to a wolf or a sheepdog. The vast majority of voters are sheep, and they quite literally would rather feel safe than be safe.
    BINGO! You hit the nail right on the head. Many people only see the "evil gun" and don't realize it's just a tool that can be used for good or evil. The difference being who is carrying it.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

It's absolutely ridiculous!

Okay, now I'm all wound up.
    All good points, Lima.

I'm going to go cook something!
    (JD, Stay OUT OF THE KITCHEN tonight!!!)
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    This may sound harsh, but I'm a firm believer that anyone who is anti-gun is the epitome of a hypocrite.
    Not at all harsh because you are right. How many anti's are saying we need to disarm the police in this country and be just like Great(formerly) Britan. Or haw many anti's would say in the middle of an attack or home invasion "No, don't call 911. More guns will just make the situation worse."?

A briliant essay on this topic is called Nation of Cowards.

I bet the folks in Darfur and Kenya aren't too hip on gun control right now. This topic angers me too, but since I can't cook, guess I'll have to go to the range.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Senior Moderator
    I carry were I legally can, my right to carry is too important to risk losing it.

I knowingly disarm myself in gunfree zones with the full knowledge that criminals aren't.

Politicains have never realised that passing new laws will not stop people who do not obey the old ones.

As a side note One current politicain who is running for President is for a nation wide ban against CCW.

For those who want to know which one it is PM me, so politics wll be kept out of this thread.
    Last edited by pgrass101; January 30th, 2008 at 02:43 PM.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I agree with 99% of what has been said above. I'm just reminded of the old sheep, sheepdog(etc.) bit. Sheep don't like sheepdogs because they don't like being reminded of the wolves. Maybe if we get rid of all the sheepdog the wolves wont attack? How does that logic work at all? I'm baffled sometimes.
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Chris coming from the former empire the sun never set on ( now the empire the sun never rises on ) i suspect this is doubly frustrating for you . You have personally seen and been thro the same tactics used , and had your weapons seized . as an expat it has to be frustrating that we just wont wake up .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links