Wife was followed home yesterday....and I am deployed overseas

This is a discussion on Wife was followed home yesterday....and I am deployed overseas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd suggest not pestering your wife too much too - I know it can be frustrating being deployed - I don't know how many times ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife was followed home yesterday....and I am deployed overseas

I'd suggest not pestering your wife too much too - I know it can be frustrating being deployed - I don't know how many times you've done it - but you're probably better off having the serious talks about her safety with your extended family (hers and/or yours) and just try to be sweet to her on the phone. Don't forget to write a letter for Valentine's Day (send it soon) and send flowers and/or chocolates. You're thinking in the right direction just don't rule out emotions/stress etc.. and start a fight while you're overseas. JMHO

That's my $0.02

Austin

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    Cuban, I am in Windsor, VA (15 min north of Franklin) and if you are interested I could sell your wife a Glock 26. I bought it and never really carried it, it's been shot at the range maybe 150 rounds. It's a private sale so there should be no need for paperwork (unless you need some to own it.) PM me if you're interested.

If she isn't a VA resident what you are suggesting is a felony. For state to state transfers you must go through a FFL, so be very careful what you are advertising on a internet forum.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Yea I was just about to write about that. It is an Felony and ATF can slam someone bigtime for it. No biggie...just a couple of months away and she can get her permit.

As far as Valentines day is concerned...jewelery is pretty cheap here so I got her a Diamond necklace with 18k white gold chain. When it comes to fights we have had a couple...over stupid stupid crap...We both blame it on the stress we are both in but try our hardest...Sometimes you just get under your significant others skin...there isnt much you can do about it.

Hornet, I have a question. I know in PA you can give as a "gift" a handgun to your spouse, parents or grandparents. I could give my PT92C to my dad and he can in turn give it to my brother. My question is, does NC have something like that? Can my wife purchase me a gun and give it to me as her husband? Thanks

You can "gift" a firearm so long as the reciever of the firearm surrenders a permit to the person giving the firearm. This is in accordance to state law. (N.C. Gen. Stat. 14-402(a)). Also the seller or donor needs to write up a bill of sale and reference the permit number on the bill. This includes inherited firearms. The real question is: who checks up on this stuff?

You can read more about this here. This will give you considerably more info, plus it comes directly from the State.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Purple88 is correct, the answer is yes it can be gifted, for legal ownership to be changed of the weapon the person receiving the firearm would need to get a pistol permit from the sheriffs dept or have a CC permit.
    NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

not if it is your spouse. i called both cumberland and hertford county

Why would you trust what the local Sheriffs office has to say? I have found that the majority of the deputies in my area have wrong idea about gun laws in general especially when it comes to open carry. Per NC State law you need either a pistol permit or a CC permit there is NO Stipulation for a spouse!! It even says if you inherit a gun you must also get the same permit to transfer ownership. The time it took you to call these depts you could as easily followed the link purple88 provided above and read it for yourself. I tell you what I will copy and paste it here for you. Maybe then you will understand the cops aren't the ones to ask about the law, call them back up and give them this info and see what they say!!! Probably the samething when I hand them the laws pertaining to open carry. I just want to make sure you have the right info because you sure as he** aren't getting it the way you are going about it.

Under North Carolina law, it is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to sell,
    give away, transfer, purchase, or receive, at any place in the state, any pistol, unless the purchaser or receiver has first obtained a license or permit to receive such a pistol by the
    sheriff of the county where the purchaser or receiver resides, or the purchaser or receiver
    possesses a valid North Carolina-issued concealed carry permit. This requirement to obtain
    a permit prior to the transfer of a pistol applies not only to a commercial transaction,
    typically at a sporting goods store, but also between private individuals or companies
    throughout North Carolina. N.C. Gen. Stat. 14-402(a)
    In addition, this State law has been interpreted to require that a pistol permit be
    obtained by the receiver of a handgun when such person inherits a pistol as a result of the
    death of another person. The permit should be given to and retained by the seller or donor
    of the handgun. In such a case, the permit should be given to the executor or receiver of
    the estate of the deceased person. If the purchaser or receiver uses a North Carolina- issued
    concealed carry permit for the transfer, the seller should reference such permit on a bill of
    sale
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I sympathize with your concerns and I thank you for your service. I do not mean to give any offense, but a gun is not a talisman that neutralizes danger. If her safety is paramount, the most immediate and effective remedy is to minimize her exposure to danger. Then she can obtain firearms and training always bearing in mind though that avoidance of dangerous situations is always preferable when possible. I mean possible not convenient.

I won't bother to make suggestions here. Think about it and decide what your priorities are. Then act accepting whatever sacrifices are necessary.

God bless you
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

Well... is she a VA resident? Seems that if this could be done and she IS a resident of VA that might make some sense to do. I guess we await the OP to tell us... Sounded like to me she was a VA resident just currently staying with her folks while he is deployed. And if so, and they maintain a residence in VA and her Drivers License is still VA then its a clear option.

The OP said in a previous post she was not a VA resident, but a NC resident.

NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote from post #13

I wish she could get the gun in VA but she is a resident on NC.
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Thanks NC....

dangnab it.

No problem, Good day!!
    NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

cuban11182: As a legal resident of NC or (VA), why not simply apply for a non-resident FL or UT (or similar) license, one that both VA and NC recognize? That might well be faster and easier.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links