Are you ever asked not to carry..... - Page 2

Are you ever asked not to carry.....

This is a discussion on Are you ever asked not to carry..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife has never asked me not to carry. She has asked me if I was carrying a couple times but never to not carry....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you ever asked not to carry.....

My wife has never asked me not to carry. She has asked me if I was carrying a couple times but never to not carry.

My wife used to ask me if I was carrying when we went out because she wanted to make sure I was. Now she knows she doesn't need to ask.....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    That is interesting that your wife would suddenly change her mind like that; I have a lot of liberal family members who come back here to Texas for the holidays, and of course love to espouse their views regarding gun control on me. I was inundated with all kinds of explanations as to why I shouldnt be carrying, and how "scared" and "paranoid" I must be to do something like that, to which i replied that it wasnt paranoia or fear, but resolve they did not possess and were jealous because of it. I told them all that deep down inside, they secretly wanted to do what I was doing, they just didnt have the guts to refuse to be a victim.

My point was aptly proven a couple of days later when we all went down to the Majestic theater in San Antonio to see "A Tuna Christmas"; Wallking out of the theater to the parking garage, 5 very unsavory characters were walking down the street towards us. Almost immediately, all of my liberal family members turned to look at me in unison, and I responded by patting the coat I was wearing right about where the gun you see as my avatar was riding in its time-worn Galco jackass rig.

When the "danger" was passed, and we got back to my parents house, of course everyone was curious; My parents were astounded that I was "armed" during our family dinner. I told them that I am always armed when we go out, and told them that is precisely why I always sit facing the entrance of every restuarant I eat in. Then, my brothers' soon to be bride (they got engaged Christmas eve) asked my wife if she was worried about the fact that i carried a gun all the time, to which my wife replied "no, I never worry about it. The only worry I have is that he is not in my line of fire".

To which she pulled her own Stainless Ruger SP-101 .357 out of her purse.........

God, I love my Wife....

I love these stories.

Since we are still relatively new to carrying, I've had the wife ask me a couple times "do you have that thing on you?" I always chuckle back "that thing? if your referring to la pistola, then yes, why wouldn't I be?" to which I get rolled eyes back at me. She has a couple of times objected to me having it with me in the beginning, but is slowly warming to having one with us at all times. Shes one of those that it takes a while when it comes to certain things. Took me 3 years to get her to even go to a range. At this point now, she knows im packing, and never has to ask.

But anytime she objects, I have only to point out that, as we learned 3.5 years ago, anything can happen at anytime. She relents then.

Unless the laws that be prevent me from doing is, or it just isnt good form, such as a job interview, I will be carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    "no, I never worry about it. The only worry I have is that he is not in my line of fire".

To which she pulled her own Stainless Ruger SP-101 .357 out of her purse.........

God, I love my Wife....
    I'll admit, I'm jealous. My wife has never asked me not to [yet], but we're a long way from there.

Our small group is going on a ski trip to MI this weekend, should be interesting sharing a room since my wife is the only one that knows.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

My wife asked me not to once.

To be fair, we were probably going to end up in an “off-limits” area or two on that trip, so I didn’t protest too much.

My wife has asked before. I do believe it embarrases her, especially if we are around people she works with. Go figure. I usually carry any way seeing as how none of her "friends" would have a clue that I am carrying.

Nope, she doesn't ask. She knows I carry unless going somewhere off limits and thinks I'm a little odd, but nothing new there.

Nope! I get, "You cocked and locked, buddy"?

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    She has never asked me to not carry. But she does occasionally ask to make sure I'm carrying or she just pats me down
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    My wife doesn't ask. If I was going to a dinner like that I probably wouldn't have carried anyway because I would have planned on having a few drinks, relaxing, and enjoyed myself. Atleast tried to enjoy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    ....to an "event" by your wife/SO? Do you agree in order to keep the peace?

I've been carrying for 15 years, so nothing new here. Yet this weekend, we're going to a pretty high falutin' party

she-who-must-be-obeyed says, "you're not going to be carrying tonight are you?" Of course I respond that she knows that I always carry and tonight isn't any different. She then says, "please don't". That's it, no explanation, no reason, just "please don't".

So what do you do?

So, dumb to risk marital disharmony or better armed and let the chips fall as they may?
    Usually the last words out of my wife's mouth is" you got yours?" She carries also......
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

VIP Member
    My wife doesn't......but she carries as well!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I know I'm lucky. My wife has never said anything negative toward me carrying a weapon. We have friends who have experienced bad encounters and we've had a couple of close calls ourselves. So she carries also.

She does get a little weary of "gun talk" stuff, but I can live with that. Funny thing I notice that about the time I finish my "gun story" she's usually asleep !
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Nope, I've never been asked. Fortunately, my wife grew up with her father carrying his 6" S&W .357 N-Frame everywhere's (he still does). She probably thinks I'm a wimp carrying these little plastic pistols!
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Yes I have been "asked" not to carry, and typically the request will be denied.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links