Are you ever asked not to carry..... - Page 3

Are you ever asked not to carry.....

This is a discussion on Are you ever asked not to carry..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My old lady has only asked that I don't carry at our wedding. I'm not happy about it, but she doesn't bother me with that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you ever asked not to carry.....

My old lady has only asked that I don't carry at our wedding. I'm not happy about it, but she doesn't bother me with that at any other time, so I guess I can make that one happen.

Of course, GoodSamaritan on here is going to be the preacher, so someone will be packing. :)
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    My wife doesn't really care. She is pro gun and pro carry but she is not into guns and has only gone shooting with me once. However, when we see unsavory types out in pub-LICK, I get the look from her or she will whisper "You have it, right?" Which of course I do. Sometimes I even have two!

I did have an ex-girlfriend that was very anti. That and whole host of other reasons that I don't care to remember ended that relationship.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I know my Mother has told me not to carry, and to leave my gun at home when we go out. I politely told her that I must deny her request, and now she saves her breath, and the subject never really comes up anymore.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

My wife gives me "the look" every once in a while. Most times it is "are you?" rarely its "why are you?"

Once or twice it has been "WTH, Why are you doing that? You should know better!!!"

Since our son was born however, more often it has been, "you're carrying, right?" She seems much more interested that I am ready, willing and able to protect our greatest gift, than who I would offend were I to be outed or some such. She even expressed an interest to get her own CCW and maybe even a gun of her own.

CPTD
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; January 30th, 2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Language workaround

BAC
    I've been asked by my ex, granted while we were still together, not to carry on dates once I get the license. At the time I agreed to it "to keep the peace", but now that we're not together I imagine I will and see how long it'll take for her to notice (if she ever does).

-B

Choose your battles. Only once has my wife asked about if I was going to carry to something we were going to. I don't even remember what it was. She said we would probably be pretty safe there and I agreed we probably would. But then I added how about walking to and from the parking lot that was not attached? Or how about the trip to and from our destination? It is not that I am necessarily unsafe where I end up but how about on the way to and from? Not to mention how often we end up someplace unexpected as the night progresses.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Never been asked not to carry. I'm not sure what my response would be if she did. It is just always there and I think my wife forgets about it most of the time; she wouldn't think to ask me not to carry.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

My wife carries more often than I do, so no problem!

I usually get the "why do you have to carry everywhere?" or the teeth sucking, eye rolling thing.

I've never been asked not to carry, and she knows that I am adamant in my feelings on that topic. I carry everywhere I legally can, always.
    Tony Siciliano
    Senior Instructor
    LMS Defense - East Coast
    tonysiciliano@lmsdefense.com
    www.lmsdefense.com
    Join us on the LMSD Forum

VIP Member
    My wife knows I don't go anywhere "undressed". She sometimes frowns at me when I OC in a resturant, but if the state would change the assinine law I wouldn't OC.

There is no point in asking me this question.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    ...I felt like I was in the room with a bunch of politician and elected officials, so I was already surrounded by liars and criminals...you never know what could happen...LOL
    Ha...thats more dangerous than down at the docks...IMHO.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

VIP Member
    Nope.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    good thing im single
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

My wife asked me not to carry during our wedding...and even asked my brother to pat me down!! No gun (got married at Quantico MCB chapel), but he missed the 3" folder.

Then for my brother's wedding, she asked that I not carry...because I wanted to bring my EDC, P229/.40...and my BUG (MK9), but the airline only allowed one gun checked per bag (their rules)...and asked her if she could pack my BUG in OUR bag. IRT carry, that was the only time she said anything negative. I ended up bringing the P229/.40--and buying an ankle holster while in Missouri...no one was the wiser.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links