Someone explain the whole process to me please

This is a discussion on Someone explain the whole process to me please within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I get home I will apply for my NC CCW (if I get stationed there again). Now I have been told that I can ...

Thread: Someone explain the whole process to me please

Someone explain the whole process to me please

When I get home I will apply for my NC CCW (if I get stationed there again). Now I have been told that I can also apply for other state CCW's when I have mine...is that true? If so how does that work? I only plan on being on the East Coast for the rest of my career (12 more years) so I think that having a Maryland, and North Carolina would suffice. I normally travel to see my dad in PA. Now the NC permit will alow me travel through NC, VA, DE, and PA since I take DE to PA then north to Easton/Wilson are where he lives. I know I can transport through Maryland with the gun locked in a case in the trunk...only problem is i have a truck. I could have the gun locked in a pelican case and chained in the back under the tonneau but I dont like that idea.

So if it is true that I can apply for multiple CCW's which are the best in my case? Thanks for any help thats provided.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I’m pretty sure as a military member you can still get your home states license, but you are still subject to all other laws pertaining to reciprocal agreements.
    You would also have the option of getting the state that you currently are stationed in too, I would go with whatever one you gives you the best options for the other states that you visit. You might even be able to have both, if it is allowed by both... but thats probably unneeded.
    "Just blame Sixto"

PA and NH are easy to get and can be done through the mail. I like the idea of having more than one permit just in case one gets lost. You would have to check though to see if you other permit would be good to go where you are located or will go in the future. Also, ME & CT can be done through the mail. Being you're on the East coast, you might also want those too as they do not recognize any other states.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Cuban,
    You can apply to your state of residence and the state you are currently stationed in as a resident. ANy other states should be NON-Resident. And you can take Maryland off your list.... they dont believe in CC permits.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Cuban, a lot of states have reciprocity laws, which means if you are licensed in one state, that license is good in others. Check this site for details:

Welcome to CarryConcealed.net.

Look on the right side of the screen for the second US map where it says "Try our CCW reciprocity map"

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

+1

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post

I think Florida is the best and easiest to acquire.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    I think Florida is the best and easiest to acquire.
    Utah is better but Florida is easier. Utah requires that you attend a class by a Utah instructor (they're in nearly every state). Utah gives you everything Florida does, plus Washington and Minnesota. I have CO, FL & UT. Florida doesn't do much for me anymore. It addes nothing that CO and UT don't already give me.

mountain packer,
    I also live in the North Denver area(thornton) and was wondering where to go to get the ut license and how much will it be..I do have the Colo. Concelled but would like to add to my states by the UT permit..any help is appreciated.

living in tn and traveling to FL alot, how do I go about getting my FL permit. can it be done by mail?

Links