Burglary

Burglary

This is a discussion on Burglary within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Posting this as a reminder why everybody should stay armed at ALL TIMES with, if possible, something with substantial firepower. My son in law's brother ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burglary

Burglary

Posting this as a reminder why everybody should stay armed at ALL TIMES with, if possible, something with substantial firepower.

My son in law's brother lives in rural Tenn. He never goes home for lunch but yesterday he did. His wife works so she's never home during the daytime. He pulls into his driveway to find a guy sitting in a car in his driveway with another guy exiting his front door carrying all his guns and the family's jewelry. He tries to stop them, not smart cause he's unarmed. Has one shot fired at him but it's a miss. Of course they get away.

I didn't talk to him and was informed second hand but I wonder if he'll be getting a handgun permit and keeping something on his hip from now on. Chime in but I like his chances if he's wearing something with at least 12 rounds of 9mm or larger caliber.

I like it if he is wearing anything at this point.

I agree that its not smart for him to try to stop the burglar without a weapon. I wonder how he tried to stop them. Did he block their vehicle with his vehicle? I'm surprised that the BG'S only fired one shot though.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

First get a safe, second if they would have fired upon me after i politly asked them to put down my stuff. My H&K would have not been so nice 27 times scratch that 39 times. would not take that many I hope but I keep I more mag in my truck.

Did they shoot at him with one of his or did they bring their own?
    That would suck.. get shot with your gun!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    That really sucks... sorry to hear about it.

Yup, if you're not carrying ALL the time, you probably won't have it when you need it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

My understanding is the guy comming out the door shot at him with one of his own handguns. He lost both handguns and long guns. It's really sick. If I'd been there there would most likely have been some holes in the BG's.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    If someone breaks into my house they can have a fun time taking my guns. They are locked in the safe (when I'm not home), chained together, and bolted to the ground. All my valuables. I.e. Passports, vehicle titles, receipts for expensive items and jewelry are in a fireproof safe locked in a secure location bolted in place. I have enough insurance to replace things if stolen. If I were to pull up on someone like in this situation walking out with my flat screen TV I'd first block them in the driveway, then possibly shoot out their tires to really make sure they aren't leaving, at least not by vehicle, and then hold them at bay until LEO's arrive. If they choose to engage me at this point then I would defend myself accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    He never goes home for lunch but yesterday he did. He pulls into his driveway to find a guy sitting in a car in his driveway with another guy exiting his front door carrying all his guns and the family's jewelry.
    Safe, bolted to the foundation and stuffed into an inaccessible place. Monitored alarm system. Dog that matters. CHL with training, carried always.

Glad he's okay, having been shot at while attempting to stop multiple BG's while not armed. Lucky to have not been whacked.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Did he at least get a license number?

A real shame about the guns.....but at least he's ok.

That sucks. I at least always have one in the car! If only I could carry at work...i'd have one on my hip more often!

Wow, that really sucks. This is exactly why I want a real safe!!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hope he has good insurance...the lost peace of mind sucks. Do you know what part of rural TN this occured?

With digital cameras being as cheap as they are, it wouldn't hurt to have one of them with you at all times, especially in this case - just another tool in the tool bag. Would have come in real handy for this fellow - take a pix of the BG & their vehicles. Leaves out having to remember everything. Hope he decides to CCW now.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Location was McKenzie in northwestern Tenn. About 20 mi south of Paris or about 40 miles north of Jackson. I've never lived there but it is as nice a part of america as you could ever imagine. Unfortunately crime almost as common in small towns as in urban areas nowadays

i'd be unable to do anything is i saw someone trying to steal my firearms. i'd be laughing too hard or running in fear of anyone that can lift that safe i have. trust me its fricken heavy and i doubt that god could even bring down someone that can lift that thing.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links