Arizona Guns in Resturaunts?

This is a discussion on Arizona Guns in Resturaunts? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yes, it just might happen...... Bill to allow guns in restaurants runs into opposition Bill to allow guns in restaurants runs into opposition Feb. 3, ...

Thread: Arizona Guns in Resturaunts?

Arizona Guns in Resturaunts?

yes, it just might happen......

Bill to allow guns in restaurants runs into opposition

Bill to allow guns in restaurants runs into opposition
    Feb. 3, 2008 12:00 AM

Guns and butter(beans) . . . The latest push to allow gun owners to carry their weapon into establishments that serve liquor hit a speed bump in its initial outing, but a retooled version is expected this week.

It would allow guns inside the restaurants if the restaurant owner agreed. And to signal that agreement to patrons - called "affirmative posting" - establishments would be required to display this notice: "These premises are posted pursuant to A.R.S. 4-229."

jimb

2. Remove Ads

It'd be nice since living at the Big Mac sucks after awhile, and I'd love to vacation and take some Gunsite classes.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Alot of restaurants have lost my business. I'm praying. They should too.

One of the most frustrating gun laws, aside from the glove box/map pocket fiasco. I pray this passes.
    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I could swear we have a thread running about this. I cant find it though. Meh.

Theres was some scuttle about it having to be "positively" posted - in essence granting permission to carry on the premesis. The retooled one should be interesting.

I'm more interested on the AZ CCW on College Campus bill.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

The way I last read it, the establishment has to post a sign welcoming the carrying of concealed guns, not just the ordinance. Nobody's going to do that and scare off the sheep!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Anyone that knows anything more?! Will one be allowed to carry while having dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by jboller4 View Post
    It would allow guns inside the restaurants if the restaurant owner agreed. And to signal that agreement to patrons - called "affirmative posting" - establishments would be required to display this notice: "These premises are posted pursuant to A.R.S. 4-229." jimb
    For those who don't speak Arizonan.....does this mean if this sign is posted you CAN carry? If it is absent, you CANNOT??

Stupid pols
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    For those who don't speak Arizonan.....does this mean if this sign is posted you CAN carry? If it is absent, you CANNOT??

Stupid pols
    Correct. Must be posted to have permission to carry in the restaurant. All other locations are considered able to carry unless ban is posted.
    Ingrid

Small, but deadly.

Just mark me up as Ignorant..

Until I saw this posted I was unaware that CCW was illegal in a simple Az restaurant, but thought is was more like here in Mi where the 51% rule applies.

Short version of this rule is if a establishment gets 51% or more of its total sales from booze, then the place is off limits for CCW. Now take a place like say a Pizza hut or Appleby's then you are good to go.

Every one knows BOOZE + GUNS = REAL BAD IDEA but maybe you could convince your legislators to go with something similar. But no guns in a simple restaurant is just inviting criminals to come in over for a visit, and makes no sense what so ever.

This is more along the lines of common sense N you guys need to barrage your legislators with mail and phone calls to fix this ASAP, especially after the incident in Florida, n this can happen anywhere.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    What do you not understand about concealed? I carry, deep cover when I go out.
    I do not drink liquer of any kind when I carry, diet Pop in a restaurant.

33 states permit carry in restaurants that serve alcohol for consumption on-site. I hope it becomes 34 because of Arizona. That sign thing is pretty weird though. I'm trusting everyone reading this who lives in AZ contacted their reps, and the members of the appropriate commitee. If you didn't, it is YOUR fault they buckled for the sign compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    What do you not understand about concealed? I carry, deep cover when I go out.
    I do not drink liquer of any kind when I carry, diet Pop in a restaurant.
    Same here when I CCW I always stick with ice tea or pop, but the issue here is it is illegal to have a gun in a simple AZ restaurant, N that is just plain short sighted ignorance on behalf of their legislators.
    After what just happened in Florida I want my gun with me at all times, and do not want to be explaining to a prosecutor why I was armed in a no carry zone after defending my self, you will already be feeling enough heat as it is.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I prefer Mn you can even carry in bars, Your permit is invalid with a blood alchol of .04%. So if your like me and dont drink it doesnt matter bars or resturants.

Links