Reassurance is always pleasing

This is a discussion on Reassurance is always pleasing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well - I know my wife forgets I am carrying other than when open around house etc but - always good to have confirmation from ...

Thread: Reassurance is always pleasing

Assistant Administrator

Reassurance is always pleasing

Well - I know my wife forgets I am carrying other than when open around house etc but - always good to have confirmation from other sources.

We were out with some good biking friends this evening - at Bowling Alley - I had my Smith & Alexander vest on over a t-shirt, unbuttoned as usual - SIG was where it always is. A common combo, in summer in particular.

The friend's wife said well thru our session ....... "You know, I am aware you carry always but, darned if at any point I could detect it at all despite looking real, real hard - not even a suspicion!" That was good to hear.

I do find that even with something like bowling, if I have my NAA Mini in bottom right pocket that small weight keeps things perfect, with no opening - even if I bend down and things do open a bit, the gun is far enough back that it'd be a fluke for it to seen. Even better tho is knowing there was zero printing.

Always nice to know, even after some years of carry.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Nice! It's good to know it's working. I doubt I'd stand up to that level of scrutiny.

I hope to be there someday.

Last time I visited with Kevin and his wife from K&D she never knew I was carrying in their rig until I showed her. I take that as a good sign!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Assistant Administrator
    eagle5 - member here - uses usually an IWB at about 4 o'clock - on occasions when he has dropped by to see me I would not have known he was carrying. He conceals well.

It's interesting tho to go one stage further and test the carry method when doing something involving movement and such - as per the bowling. So often we just assume we are OK but it sure helps to have someone confirm!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    It is nice to know that your combo is working. Keep up the good work.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I have to say concealing is easier than I thought. We got back from a weekend of skiing today with some other couples, and my wife asked me how I concealed it all weekend. I didn't want to carry to the slope, but carried the rest of the time. Luckily, I caught some breaks timing wise with the couple we roomed with stepping out of the room so I could secure/reload. Other than that, it wasn't a problem, and nobody was the wiser.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Links