Yet another reason to carry all the time, anywhere you can...

This is a discussion on Yet another reason to carry all the time, anywhere you can... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What if a certain church announces it's policy about concealed weapons and has said No but there are no postings outside the buildings prohibiting concealed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another reason to carry all the time, anywhere you can...

XD9
    What if a certain church announces it's policy about concealed weapons and has said No but there are no postings outside the buildings prohibiting concealed weapons?
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    If the 'no weapons' is not backed up by a legally proven notice then - a decision would I think have to be a moral one. Acceptable to self to carry, or not? - shall we say ''living with the deception'' - but no law broken.

End of day and as we always say - concealed is concealed!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

XD9
    You make another great point, as always. Since it has been proven time and time again that nowhere is safe, I will continue to carry wherever possible. My worst nightmare would be for my kids to get hurt somewhere and not have the ability to stop it because I chose not to carry that day.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

It's funny, one of the guys in my IDPA club is a dear Christian brother who is also an elder in our church. HE carry's in church every sunday with full knowledge and approval of pastor (Presbyterian PCA was split from the liberal USA faction in the 1960's over the political issue of gun control). I personally only carry in church when the terrorist alert level is at orange. I dunno why then and not at the more "normal" yellow.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I carry my BUG to church. No reason not to.

JT
    My NAA Guardian is my "Church Gun".

There are no signs against carrying in my church but I want to be extremely discreet because I donít want to panic anybody (including the LEO on duty) and have the issue raised in the church and it result in signs being posted. From what I know of the pastor I donít think that would happen. He is a big hunter and seems to be very pro self-defense.

I do need to get a better church carry holster, however, because I donít like relying on the little Guardian. Maybe an ankle holder to carry my S&W 642 or my Glock 26.
    Last edited by JT; September 2nd, 2005 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Being a "Born Again" Agnostic, carry in a church is the least of my problems. But, if anyone does not agree with Gideon; well you just proved my point!

VIP Member
    Until the unbelievers come around we must behave and honor their requests to not carry. A big stink will not serve our cause, to be everywhere accepted again as we carry the means to defend our liberty, accross the board, on a federal level. There are other stores who will be glad to receive our dollars, and there are other doors through which the Lord may receive us.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Moderator
    on the other hand...

Churchs and schools in America are the most target rich environments in the country.

We have several church shootings around the country, one of these were near and dear to me. Some good people that attended church with us for several years got transfered to Dallas because of the job opportunitys. Good job, nice house, nic commmunity, upper middle class and they enjoyed the best of America.

These were people whose kids grew up with mine, the went to Sunday school together, they were on the same ball teams and we ate ought with each other occasionaly.Their kids were intertwined with ours. Anyhow, you get the picture.

They attended a youth rally one Sunday, they had a guest speaker. The 13 year old boy had invited his best friend to go to church with him several times and each time the kid refused. The boy came from a family that didnt go to church and they were somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that he had asked to go.

After much bidding they finally let him go to church with his best friend.

After a period of time,they had a few fun events geared specificallyfor kids of that age,and the parents eventually came to accept the fact that their boy actually enjoyed going to church. He had friends there, he like the counselers. All was good.

So, he started attending Sunday services. At tha youth rally, some jerk stood up and started shooting people. At first eveyone thought it was some sort of skit, they simply couldnt beleive what they were seeing. When the youth director ordered everybody out at the top of his lungs, only then did they realize the seriousness of the situation.

Unfortunatley, when our young friend and his friend figured it out and decided to leave, his friend had been shot squarely in the shot chest with a 9mm handgun and his life expired right there on the spot.

One man with a gun might have been prevented death. We'll never know. What I do know is as long as good people REFUSE to beleive that it can happen in their sterile little worlds it guaranteed to happem and it WILL happen again.

Certain muslim factions have admitted that thaey have discussed attacking church services to strike deep in the heart of America. Just because some sheeple refuse to see the light,doesnt mean that one must intentionally go unprepared.

As for me, Im not goona let that happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links