Had to disarm in front of the town cop today - Page 2

Had to disarm in front of the town cop today

This is a discussion on Had to disarm in front of the town cop today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Especially, small 'rural' southern towns... ...if they know you! Well, they didn't know me in one small southern town I was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had to disarm in front of the town cop today

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Especially, small 'rural' southern towns......if they know you!
    Well, they didn't know me in one small southern town I was passing through just after getting out of the army.

My girlfriend and I had checked into a motel located in this seemingly pleasant community, and she suddenly collapsed in our room. When I had the desk clerk call an ambulance, a squad of police cars rolled up.

The stereotypical fat-bellied cop who strutted imperiously up to me accused me of "doin' them thar drugs" (I had no drugs on me, or in me.) and so I was held overnight in a filthy jail cell. The next morning, a tall slender man in a suit looked at me with burning hatred in his eyes and told me to "go back up North where people care about you".

As soon as my girlfriend, who was also clean and sober, was released from the emergency room, we decided to turn around and go back up North where people cared about us.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipack View Post
    I also love walking out my back porch and taking a leak if I feel like it.Deron
    And this is why I love living in the country too!
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    Well, they didn't know me in one small southern town I was passing through just after getting out of the army.

My girlfriend and I had checked into a motel located in this seemingly pleasant community, and she suddenly collapsed in our room. When I had the desk clerk call an ambulance, a squad of police cars rolled up.

The stereotypical fat-bellied cop who strutted imperiously up to me accused me of "doin' them thar drugs" (I had no drugs on me, or in me.) and so I was held overnight in a filthy jail cell. The next morning, a tall slender man in a suit looked at me with burning hatred in his eyes and told me to "go back up North where people care about you".

As soon as my girlfriend, who was also clean and sober, was released from the emergency room, we decided to turn around and go back up North where people cared about us.
    I am sorry to hear about this story. I honor you for your military service. That is one crappy way to greet a veteran on his return home. Because you had just gotten out of the Army, I know that your appearance was not trashy, and he had no basis for his despicable conduct.

Fortunately my experience has been much better throughout the country. I have found folks to be rather cordial everywhere from Chicago to Alabama to Texas.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    We got to talking and he commented that he remembered when my license renewal paper work came up before him a couple of months ago
    Well, I guess you don't have to worry about being mistaken for a crazy man with a gun, when the officer is the one who handled your paperwork.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

We have two LEO's here. One for day shift, and one for night shift.

Local bank cashed a check my son wrote to my wife with no problems, even though he made it out to "Mom"..... hell, everyone that knows him, knows who his mom and dad are.
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I had a rather pleasant experience with a Southern Sheriff's Deputy during my time in the Navy. The submarine I was attached to was temporarily assigned to the shipyard in Charleston for some testing/refit/etc. Because we were going to be there for 60 days, many of us drove a car down from Groton so that we could get around. Anyhow, I was driving on a two-lane road on a bright sunny day, a came to a stop while waiting for the car ahead of me to turn left.

At that time some punk teenager decides to save his brakes and use my car to stop. Anyhow, I went to the closest house and called the police (no cell phones in 1985).

The deputy rolls up, and honest to god he had a big ole' belly, Buford T. Justice mirrored shades, and a chaw in his mouth. Stereotypical southern LEO. He talks to me for a few minutes, walks up to the kid, spits a long string of terbacky juice, and says "You on drugs boy?"

I busted a gut, and still chuckle about it to this day.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links