Weapon size scare factor - Page 4

Weapon size scare factor

This is a discussion on Weapon size scare factor within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is my humble opinion: Yes, if time and lighting allows then size of bore, gun, color, etc can all have intimidating factors to someone. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weapon size scare factor

VIP Member
    Here is my humble opinion:

Yes, if time and lighting allows then size of bore, gun, color, etc can all have intimidating factors to someone.

Also, if time and lighting allows the the person holding the gun, his demeanor, presentation, stance, voice commands etc can have intimidating factors to someone.

Personally, while holding a 12 gauge pump on two BG's I intimidated them enough into surrendering. Take the exact same scenario, but substitute my wife holding a NAA .22 on them and I'll bet the two guys would have either rushed her or took off running. No offense intended toward my wife at all, in fact she agrees.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

It's very hard for me to believe that a bg would take the time to scrutinize the diameter of the bore of a pistol being aimed at him, process that knowledge and then decide whether or not he should be "frightened". It just doesn't make any sense
    Religion won't prevent you from committing a sin. It will, however, prevent you from enjoying it as much as you'd like to.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I agree with a lot of our posters here: I doubt it would really matter what the gun was- being on the business end is bad news. Besides, I doubt most BG's who do stick-ups in alleys really know the difference between .38 J-frame and a .44 mag. Even if they do, I doubt there'd be time for them to mentally classify the weapon pointing at them in the typical SD scenario.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I have talked to several officers who have been shot at or had guns pointed at them and they all pretty much said the same thing.

The muzzle of the gun that was pointed at them appeared to be HUGE, like the cavernous black hole of a cannon.

So in my opinion is doesn't really matter, as long as the other person can see that it is a gun.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links