Interesting Talk w/ College Policeman...

This is a discussion on Interesting Talk w/ College Policeman... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work in IT @ a 2 yr college in south georgia. Our school has its own state funded police force of about 10 people. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I work in IT @ a 2 yr college in south georgia. Our school has its own state funded police force of about 10 people. About thirty minutes ago the Lt. called w/ a explorer issue. While I was digging around his system I asked "So, what do you think about concealed carry on campus?"

He said, "The answer may suprise you, I'm all for it, as most of the police forces around are as well."

"Oh, really?" I asked.

He said, "Sure, if the person has went through the trouble to get a license and passed the background check, then that is one less person I have to worry about if someone were to go crazy one day in class. What type of gun do you normally carry?"

"When not on campus, I carry a XD 9mm." I say.

"Mmm Thats a good gun," he says.

"Yes sir, I think so too. My wife and I both have them," I say.

I just thought I would pass that along.
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws would have guns.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    That's pretty typical, actually. The average LEO understands how things work in the real world. It's the high-ranking chiefs who are the politicians and support gun control.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    That's pretty typical, actually. The average LEO understands how things work in the real world. It's the high-ranking chiefs who are the politicians and support gun control.
    Sad but true.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Yep, my experiences exactly.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    So what happens as you advance in the ranks to politician? Do you leave all your senses and sensibilities at the door? Really. What are their goals? To leave people totally defenseless.

Sorry.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

This is good to hear. I often wondered how any of them felt about it.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    So what happens as you advance in the ranks to politician? Do you leave all your senses and sensibilities at the door? Really. What are their goals? To leave people totally defenseless.

Sorry.
    Well.... I have a theory which may or may not be accurate. Basically, I think they just forget where they came from.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

The way it should be.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Well.... I have a theory which may or may not be accurate. Basically, I think they just forget where they came from.
    I agree and to add to it, when you have your own security detail, who is armed, you probably don't feel the need to have a gun yourself.

Back to the original post. I think most LEO's are pro carry. I had one tell me, "we love you guys because if you are somewhere where it hits the fan, it will probably be delt with before we get there."

It is illegal for me to carry at work but my LEO said the same. He said "I can't be everywhere and you are a good guy. We need more people like you".

Nice to hear...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post

Sorry.
    I think you'd probably find that most of those who are driven to rise through the ranks high enough to get to the political positions were never among the large majority of rank-and-file LEOs who favor concealed carry in the first place. And if they were, it was never for any principled reason - they were simply "going along to get along", saying whatever they felt was most expedient to get to the next level in their career.

I find that most people don't 'forget where they came from' - they just don't come from the same place as the rest of us to begin with...
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

i fully agree 1000%
    i am a freshman and our campus does not allow you to carry
    the campus is right off a very busy highway about 3 miles out side of town so if anything were to happen it would take the local police a few good long mins to get to the campus
    if that isnt bad enough the campus securities weapon of choice is a taser which will not do any good on someone with a gun

long story short im 100% screwed if some clown decides hes not going to follow the "gun free zone" policy
    because we all know BGs dont follow the rules

"Sure, if the person has went through the trouble to get a license and passed the background check, then that is one less person I have to worry about if someone were to go crazy one day in class."
    It is that simple. No more, no less.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I wish officers at my campus felt that way. I've only met one who would even discuss CCW and while he was a fan he backed up the "no guns in school" mentality.
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links