Defensive Carry banner

Interesting Talk w/ College Policeman...

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Fitch 
#1 ·
I work in IT @ a 2 yr college in south georgia. Our school has its own state funded police force of about 10 people. About thirty minutes ago the Lt. called w/ a explorer issue. While I was digging around his system I asked "So, what do you think about concealed carry on campus?"

He said, "The answer may suprise you, I'm all for it, as most of the police forces around are as well."

"Oh, really?" I asked.

He said, "Sure, if the person has went through the trouble to get a license and passed the background check, then that is one less person I have to worry about if someone were to go crazy one day in class. What type of gun do you normally carry?"

"When not on campus, I carry a XD 9mm." I say.

"Mmm Thats a good gun," he says.

"Yes sir, I think so too. My wife and I both have them," I say.

I just thought I would pass that along.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sad but true.

#6 ·
This is good to hear. I often wondered how any of them felt about it.

#13 ·
i fully agree 1000%
i am a freshman and our campus does not allow you to carry
the campus is right off a very busy highway about 3 miles out side of town so if anything were to happen it would take the local police a few good long mins to get to the campus
if that isnt bad enough the campus securities weapon of choice is a taser which will not do any good on someone with a gun

long story short im 100% screwed if some clown decides hes not going to follow the "gun free zone" policy
because we all know BGs dont follow the rules

#14 ·
"Sure, if the person has went through the trouble to get a license and passed the background check, then that is one less person I have to worry about if someone were to go crazy one day in class."
It is that simple. No more, no less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.