BCI Utah Website

BCI Utah Website

This is a discussion on BCI Utah Website within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did a search on this issue, but couldn't find anything definitive. In the instructions for the Utah permit, it indicates that "you can track the ...

Question BCI Utah Website

Did a search on this issue, but couldn't find anything definitive. In the instructions for the Utah permit, it indicates that "you can track the progress of your application on our web site by using the date of your canceled check or date your credit card was charged". For the life of me I have been all over their website and cannot find where this option is available. Has anyone else been able to do this with any success?
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

When they were passed the 60 day mark, they did give the date of the applications they were working on. Now since they are within 60 days, it just says it will be processed within 60 days with no exact date.

Clack's right. For a long time (up until recently) they were pretty far behind on applications. They used to say that they were working on applications received on X date. Now they're working through things pretty quick, so I guess they stopped showing their progress.

It sounds like they're sitting around the 30-45 day mark from what I can tell.

I went to their on-line live chat and asked the question about where can I find the status of my application on-line. The person that responded back to me didn't even realize they have that statement on the instruction page (it's at the bottom right of the page). She just gave me a phone number to call. I'm just about past the 60 day mark.
    - Winston Churchill
    Life Member - GOA

got my license in 30 days submitted 12-27-07 received 01-27-08. The issue date is 01-18-08 so it sit in the mail room for a couple of days and then thru the mail adds a couple more days. Florida CCW got kicked back because I did not read the part where it says under employer list the Law Enforcement who took the prints. I listed my employment. oops!
    Last edited by HKinNY; February 6th, 2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo

Received an e-mail from dpsfirearms@utah.gov . The below is how they responded to my question:

At one point it was taking us between 4 and 6 months to process the applications for concealed firearm permits. At that time there was a place you could check the date of the applications that we were processing. We are currently issuing within 60 days so if you can check the date that your money cleared the bank that should give you a better idea of when to expect it. Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Melanie

So, it looks like you were once able to check on-line but can no longer do so.
    - Winston Churchill
    Life Member - GOA

I called the utah office yesterday to get info sent to me to get utah licence..the gal told me it was taking about 45 days which after reading the forums it seems is not true...
    question: did they take the nra class for requirment or do you really have to go thru the utah class by one of thier instructors and how much is the class ? can any one recomend any one in the Denver area?
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverbear View Post
    I called the utah office yesterday to get info sent to me to get utah licence..the gal told me it was taking about 45 days which after reading the forums it seems is not true...
    question: did they take the nra class for requirment or do you really have to go thru the utah class by one of thier instructors and how much is the class ? can any one recomend any one in the Denver area?
    Yes you have to take a class from a Utah certified instructor. Here is a list of all Utah certified out-of-state instructors from the UTAH BCI website:

http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/insoutstate.pdf
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by denverbear View Post
    I assume you already know this, but Colorado no longer accepts the Utah CCW unless you're a resident of Utah. So if you plan to carry in Colorado as a Colorado resident, you need the Colorado permit.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by walvord View Post
    Did a search on this issue, but couldn't find anything definitive. In the instructions for the Utah permit, it indicates that "you can track the progress of your application on our web site by using the date of your canceled check or date your credit card was charged". For the life of me I have been all over their website and cannot find where this option is available. Has anyone else been able to do this with any success?
    Sent 03/10/07 Received 07/26/07

yes I do have the colo. permit but want to add the utah permit to add more states to my permits.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Just to dreadge up an old thread :)

I just was checking the status... or trying to and for the life of me could not find where to track it. Good to know that they are running under 60 days.

Mine and my Wifes took 62 days from the time they received it until they came in the mail. They seem to be right on with the 60 days process...
    If you own a handgun and your state law allows it, please carry.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo111 View Post
    Mine and my Wifes took 62 days from the time they received it until they came in the mail. They seem to be right on with the 60 days process...
    Well at least it seems UT BCI is processing residents first now. Sorry non-residents, but local permits should be processed first.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Links