Tennessee Must Notify Officer: No
Wildlife Management Areas State/National Forests State Parks Road Side Rests NO
Rules/Regs Refuges, NO YES
WMA Public Hunting Areas NO 39171311 Unless Posted
It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 573101
(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 576102(1) , are served for on premises consumption.
· Any room in which judicial proceedings are in progress.
· Any public or private school building or bus, on any public or private school campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated by any board of education, school, college oruniversity board of trustees, regents or directors for the administration of any public or private educational institution.
· It is not an offense for a nonstudent adult to possess a firearm, if such firearm is contained within a private vehicle operated by the adult and is not handled by such adult, or by any other person acting with the expresses or implied consent of such adult, while such vehicle is on school property.
· On the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.
· An individual, corporation, business entity or government entity or agent thereof is authorized to prohibit possession of weapons by any person otherwise authorized by this subsection, at meetings conducted by, or on premises owned, operated, managed or under control of such individual, corporation, business entity or
government entity. Notice of such prohibition shall be posted in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building, portion of the building or buildings where weapon possession is prohibited. § 39171359.
Prohibition at certain meetings Posting notice.