Some days I am almost amazed!

This is a discussion on Some days I am almost amazed! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would not tell anyone. BTW you guys are probably the only ones that know I am armed....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some days I am almost amazed!

I would not tell anyone. BTW you guys are probably the only ones that know I am armed.
    Smith and Wesson SW40VE -SOLD
    XD9 4'' -Current
    Kimber Ultra Carry II- coming

2. Remove Ads

Nice outcome. Sounds like most Anti's in danger are like most athiests in foxholes,
    Their beliefs and values change quickley under pressure.
    Last edited by mojave_pistolero; February 7th, 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typo

As stated, always carry, never tell.

You could always let him know not to worry. If the fired driver comes in looking to commit violence you will tell him exactly where your former friend and operations manager are so nobody gets hurt. In fact if he asks you might even be inclined to tell him their addresses so he doesn't need to come to the office.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Great response. In fact its almost worth getting put in your situation to be able to say to someone who snitches you out.

In addition to not telling anyone I also never ask anyone if they are carrying. Its none of my business. Even if I'm driving and we are going to the range with guns in the car. Carrying isn't my business.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Unfortunately you're not alone in this one. I see it regularly as well. I was discovered inadvertently a good while back at work. My employers made it quite clear that I wasn't to carry in the office and I needed to at least move it to my vehicle outside. Needless to say I chose my life over my job, and they KNOW this. They just can't prove it because they haven't seen it.

The funny thing is that everytime they go to can someone, they call me and tell me to be on alert if it's a person they think might go postal. Go figure
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by jackdog View Post
    to bad the big guy did'nt knock the crap out of them.
    I agree.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't think you could have given that snitch any better of an answer. Great response.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    What would the sheep do without Sheepdogs??

"sheep - its what's for dinner!!"
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by jackdog View Post
    to bad the big guy did'nt knock the crap out of them.
    (Unfortunately) the big guy would probably have gotten arrested for assault.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Did Scrvoy ever explain why the creep found out? Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    The funny thing is that everytime they go to can someone, they call me and tell me to be on alert if it's a person they think might go postal. Go figure
    You could respond to this by saying, "Thanks for the heads up. I'll be taking the rest of the day off."

Quote Originally Posted by braindonor View Post
    Did Scrvoy ever explain why the creep found out? Guess not.
    He found out because he was in the office when I needed to leave early to go get finger printed and the manager needed a reason to let me off early. I did not think anything about telling them about going to get finger printed for CCW because at that time they were both pretty cool and we had been to the range several times together.

As it turned out it was both of these guys that conspired to get my gun banned at work. Their ultimate goal is to get me banned at work. Although I would have hated to see the driver get in trouble for assault I would have loved to see him beat those two with in an inch of their lives. The funny part is that I could have controlled the situation, not with a gun but with a word!
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrvoy View Post
    He found out because he was in the office when I needed to leave early to go get finger printed and the manager needed a reason to let me off early. I did not think anything about telling them about going to get finger printed for CCW because at that time they were both pretty cool and we had been to the range several times together.
    Honesty is relative. I'm sure you could have given a better reason than "I need to get fingerprinted for my CCW".

I would also curious as to why "these guys that conspired to get my gun banned at work" especially since they have shot with you before.

There may be more to this story than is being posted. I do agree that whatever the real story is the resulting action of banning the firearm is not right.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    Honesty is relative. I'm sure you could have given a better reason than "I need to get fingerprinted for my CCW".

I would also curious as to why "these guys that conspired to get my gun banned at work" especially since they have shot with you before.

There may be more to this story than is being posted. I do agree that whatever the real story is the resulting action of banning the firearm is not right.
    I will attempt to explain why they want me banned. I have always been the one person that does not quite fit; the oblong peg in the round hole so to speak. Although I have been shooting with these two, outside of work we had nothing in common. When we went shooting it was on our lunch break. Because I would not join them in drinking, chasing women, smoking and cussing they decided that I do not belong.

Another part of my not fitting in is me; I do not show myself friendly to win friends. Although I am easy going I will not go out of my way to be overtly friendly and I tend to put some people off that way. I have had people in my church come up to me after they get the opportunity to get to know me and tell me that they thought I was the meanest person in the church.

They would love to fire me but I am good at my job and they have had trouble laying the paper trail that they need to fire in this company. They could not write me up for carrying because it is not posted in any of the company rules.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

"My ex-friend came in first and told me that the driver was getting belligerent and angry and told me to be on my guard to help constrain him should he become violent." Since when is this the job of any employee other than a security guard? I am with you, they can deal with the consequences of their stupidity themselves and don't count on me to be their guardian.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links