Virginia Senate Leader Denigrates Gun Owners

This is a discussion on Virginia Senate Leader Denigrates Gun Owners within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most anyone connected with VCDL should already know about it. They've rebutted him and he continued with the "foot in mouth" disease. The guy just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virginia Senate Leader Denigrates Gun Owners

Most anyone connected with VCDL should already know about it. They've rebutted him and he continued with the "foot in mouth" disease. The guy just can't get his act together.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

does anyone have his e-mail addy and regular address...I will take a few minutes to tell him that even tho I live out of state I will make sure his name stays in front of the voting public in every venue I can find.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

That guy needs to be reminded who furnishes the money for his paycheck!
    Back when so many citizens called in to stop passage of the immigration bill, legislators in both houses of Congress were seething that they were told how to vote by their bosses(us). We should all be offended by their attitudes and should remind them regularly that they are there at OUR pleasure and to do OUR bidding.
    Their reaction had me seething at their audacity!!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

They also need to be reminded that we are their bosses and there are two ways to spell boss. Forward and backward and backward is DOUBLE S O B!!!!
    We are very versatile bosses and can be either! Their choice!!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Many elected officials are convinced that they are of superior intellect to his "subjects." They operate with an arrogance that is obvious.

However, if they give their subjects enough pork they continue to get re-elected.
    Too often we have poor choices, and just "trade the devil for the witch."

I would make a point to write him, write a letter to the paper, and vote against him. I bet when called he would claim he "was taken outof context" or misquoted.
    They lie a lot too.

Best,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Here is his official link for contact
    Senate of Virginia - Membership

VIP Member
    I think he's going to end up like Ned Beatty..................Is that a pig I hear squealing?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Thumbs down

State Senator Dick Saslaw -- Welcome to My Website!

Northern Virginia Office:
    Office of Senator Richard L. Saslaw
    P.O. Box 1856
    Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: (703) 978-0200
    Fax: (703) 978-1221

Richmond Office:
    Office of Senator Richard L. Saslaw
    P.O. Box 396
    Richmond, VA 23218
    Phone: (804) 698-7535
    Email: District35@sov.state.va.us
    Constituent Hotline: (800) 889-0229

Gun Control in an Urban Society

Thoughts on Transportation from Senator Dick Saslaw

"Virginia has acquired the reputation as the Gun Capitol of the East Coast. I believe this is a fair assessment and reflection of current Virginia law. Gun control is a hotly debated topic at the General Assembly generally falling along the lines of an urban vs. rural Commonwealth. While I have no problem with the ease of access for purchasing hunting rifles, I believe we should know more than we currently do about prospective hand gun purchasers. We must tighten up the process for purchasing hand guns. I will not support measures to arm our collegiate students, a suggestion as a result of the Virginia Tech tragedy on April 16. Our college campuses should continue their focus of educating our future leaders and professionals in as safe an environment as possible."
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I just sent him a link too this thread at his e-mail addy.. I also told him when he is voted out of office he too can squeel like a pig...do you think he will respond????
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Wow,

Hard to believe that an elected official in this day and age could make such an insensitive remark.
    Well, that's because he didn't make a comment about homosexuals, muslims, blacks, lesbians, wiccans, or some other "infringed" group.

I would love to see the reaction from the media if he said "well, it looks like we got the whole cast from 'uncle sambo's fried chicken reunion' here!!!"

Donch'a see, it is politically correct to bash Whites, White Males, Christians, and especially White Christian Males who support the Second Amendment.

NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    It's not surprising that he would say something like that. Liberals hold themselves out to be persons of tolerance, but they have no trouble deriding anyone that disagrees with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Wow,

Hard to believe that an elected official in this day and age could make such an insensitive remark.
    Not so much. It is a daily occurrence.

Politicians owe their loyalties to those who give them the BIG $$$ during the elections, and while they are in office. The fact that they draw a FAT paycheck funded by the taxpayers is a non-issue. 90% of the time everything they say and promise goes out the window once they get in office, unless they have a strong personal bias towards an issue. They could give a rats *** what the people say or want.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I suppose it could depend on which half of the Deliverance cast he was referring to . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links