Anti-Gun vs. Anti-Defense

This is a discussion on Anti-Gun vs. Anti-Defense within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saying "anti defense" is not really a blanket call on how everyone feels about it. People will say, "I'm not anti-defense, just anti GUN defense" ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Gun vs. Anti-Defense

VIP Member
    Saying "anti defense" is not really a blanket call on how everyone feels about it. People will say, "I'm not anti-defense, just anti GUN defense" . There are many other ways to defend yourself. The anti's will point this out. There's knives, pepper spray, karate and of course the ever feared whistle and cell phone. I do think the word "gun" needs to be in there. Sometimes nothing else will work in a life threatning situation.
    The fact that we have the right to bear arms and the right to meet with equal force (with a gun) is what needs to be expressed.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    In todays society,where the average male can't even do a mere 20 pushups, that average woman doesnt know what a pushup is,the only karate that they know is from watching Chuck Norris on TV, and they have been told that carrying a pocket knife was a no-no since the first grade, I would say that for the most part those things are out.

Pepper Spray? Some of them might get it right and not shoot themselves in the face with it, and I'm sure that they are pretty handy with a cell phone. Only problem is, a cell phone isnt even heavy enough make a good hit if you throw it, and the chances are that if they do manage to call 911 that the dispatchers is going to be much like them and try to pursuade the caller not to fight back.

It would appear the the gun is the only chance that most people have now adays when it comes to violence because the trigger finger is about the only thing that they have exercised, and that comes from playing X-Box or Ninetendo, so they ought to be able to do that.

For the most part, DEFENSE has been bred out of people in the last generation. Even on this forum we those that would not lift a finger to help someone else because they have been taught that taking any action or responsiblilty for anything will result in them being sued.

Saying that they are ANTI- DEFENSE, might actually give them pause and make them THINK, and maybe they will realize that that there is more to life than what they have been taught in school, or by their single parent Momma's.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by K-31 View Post
    Instead of anti-defense, they should be referred to as anti-self defense. That's what they are.
    If more people realize that the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self defense are the same thing, we may be able to finally stick a fork in gun control.

yours/
    peter.
    Just what I was thinking, Anti-Self Defense.

Sounds like a plan. Pass it on ...........to everybody.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Senior Moderator
    Anti-Self Defense
    Maybe yall are right. Anti-Defense does cover alot of turf.
    Pehaps Anti-Self Defense is better.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

RE:

I think this might backfire if all our anti's say somthing to the nature of "nonlethal".... pepper spray, tasers, etc.

Example "No im not anti defense, Id knock them out with a baseball bat or spray them with pepper spray"

I see it more as Lethal, Less Lethal, and Non Lethal defense, as id say a majority of the time this is brought up the above will be the final discussion. But hey lets give it a try tomm around the anti's.
    "What if? If not, who needs seatbelts, life rafts, and fire extingishers. Sure theres other ways, if thats what you want... I know ill be alive, dry, and not on fire!"

G17, G19, G36, PPK/S
    Support the right - www.vcdl.org

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    In todays society,where the average male can't even do a mere 20 pushups, that average woman doesnt know what a pushup is,the only karate that they know is from watching Chuck Norris on TV, and they have been told that carrying a pocket knife was a no-no since the first grade, I would say that for the most part those things are out.

Pepper Spray? Some of them might get it right and not shoot themselves in the face with it, and I'm sure that they are pretty handy with a cell phone. Only problem is, a cell phone isnt even heavy enough make a good hit if you throw it, and the chances are that if they do manage to call 911 that the dispatchers is going to be much like them and try to pursuade the caller not to fight back.

It would appear the the gun is the only chance that most people have now adays when it comes to violence because the trigger finger is about the only thing that they have exercised, and that comes from playing X-Box or Ninetendo, so they ought to be able to do that.

For the most part, DEFENSE has been bred out of people in the last generation. Even on this forum we those that would not lift a finger to help someone else because they have been taught that taking any action or responsiblilty for anything will result in them being sued.

Saying that they are ANTI- DEFENSE, might actually give them pause and make them THINK, and maybe they will realize that that there is more to life than what they have been taught in school, or by their single parent Momma's.
    My comments were more towards the way " the anti's" percieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdog View Post
    I prefer pro crime. If you anti gun then your pro crime. It's a well known and documented fact that gun laws and restrictions do little or nothing in regard to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. Thusly if you support restrictions on the 2nd Amendment then you are pro crime. If asked if I am pro gun I always answer no I'm for anti crime. Try it People, just are left speechless more often than not.
    I also use pro crime, pro murder, pro rapist always put emphasis on the fact that laws disarming law abiding citizens kill people killed, raped and robbed. Also use anti civil rights and victim zones.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Moderator
    Yep, and then there are those that would expect us to walk unarned in the great expanses,in public parks and in danger not only from 4 legged critters, but 2 legged critters that have little chance of ever getting caught if they rob you because you are so far out. We all know how high the ratio of park rangers are to the square miles of land...and most of them are unarmed.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    I enjoy saying "anti self-defense," because it really turns the tables on them and makes them look stupid - if not stupid to themselves (because usually they're too bubble-brained to know they're bubble-brained), than to everyone else looking on:

"Well, I'm not against self-defense, just against guns for self-defense."

I'm around 100 pounds soaking wet, and you want to prevent me from using the most efficient means of defending myself against a bigger, stronger male? You want me to get raped? You want me to get beaten? You want me to get killed?

Their next suggestion is that the buy-your-black-belt McDojo down the street can provide all the skills I need to survive, to which I reply, "...and I have full spinal fusion." It gets fun from there.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Maybe yall are right. Anti-Defense does cover alot of turf.
    Pehaps Anti-Self Defense is better.
    I think its better (Anti-Self Defense). However, I have argued with the antis for long enough that I know this: They find wiggle room even where there isn't any! I think the main difference between us and them is in our worldview and mindset. Until that is addressed, arguing with them is pointless, except for converting the undecided.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Sounds interesting.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

ckd
    I usually just call them victims or liberals, but I like your PC spin.

Most people that I've met that are anti-gun are under the false sense of socialst security, that the government will protect them. Often only a close encounter of the ugly kind leads to a conversion.

I call them voluntary targets. They help support the booming crime business (for FREE).
    Ingrid

Small, but deadly.

Assistant Administrator
    Couldn't agree more Bob ....... in fact by association ''anti gun'' is effectively declaring ''anti self defence''.

Those who promulgate such should be aware that the BG's can and will regularly be armed with firearms ... and so to achieve any manner of equality - the GG's firearm is a very expedient and necessary tool.

As others have said too - by default we can also include the ''pro crime'' aspect - seeing as disarmament of criminals is never gonna happen.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm a big fan of the term"anti-freedom" because it sounds so un-American.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links