Anti-Gun vs. Anti-Defense

This is a discussion on Anti-Gun vs. Anti-Defense within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got an idea. Lets use the word games that anti-gunners use against us,against them. We refer to people that hate guns, hate the idea ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

I've got an idea. Lets use the word games that anti-gunners use against us,against them.

We refer to people that hate guns, hate the idea of guns, and hate the freedom that goes with it as Anti-Gunners, or being ANTI-GUN.

Instead, lets put it on them and call them what they really are, which is ANTI -DEFENSE.

Anytime you write a Senator,Congressman,City Council member or even converse with a friend about gun ownership and they respond negatively, use the term ANTI-DEFENSE. Instead of use being put on the defensive all the time, how about putting them on the hot spot for a change?

I suspect that being called an anti-gun person is a badge of honor for some people. Calling them anti-defense, would insinuate that they are against defending ones self from aggression. Although there are some people that really do feel that way, they are in the minority.

Lets call them what they are and change the world.

Maybe some of them will wake up.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Indeed...can't hurt, and might help.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Framing it correctly is half the battle. For example

Anti-abortion vs. pro-life

anti-gun vs. pro-defense sounds like it is a step in the right direction. Now to get everyone else on board.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I like it and will begin using that immediatly.

Good thinking
    It says "The right to bear arms" , not permission granted!!!!!

Planting seeds in the hearts of children........will ultimately bring change in the future!!! BWB

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I've used that term for a long time.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I prefer pro crime. If you anti gun then your pro crime. It's a well known and documented fact that gun laws and restrictions do little or nothing in regard to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. Thusly if you support restrictions on the 2nd Amendment then you are pro crime. If asked if I am pro gun I always answer no I'm for anti crime. Try it People, just are left speechless more often than not.
    Jack dog

Alan Korwin has a great list of these types of terms on his website.

POLITICALLY CORRECTED Glossary of Terms
    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

That works for me, or citizen-control vs. gun-control. "Gun control" reminds me of being in control similar to when driving and keeping you vehicle in control. They don't want to control the guns, in that way, but the people.
    How about anti-Constitution or anti-Second Amendment vs. Anti-gun?

Instead, lets put it on them and call them what they really are, which is ANTI -DEFENSE.
    If I may suggest a small but I believe important refinement. Instead of anti-defense, they should be referred to as anti-self defense. That's what they are. Sure it's an extra syllable, but it distinguishes between self defense and national defense. While many of these folks may be anti-national defense, that's a whole other argument.

I believe that what makes HotGuns idea such a good one is because most of the members of the voting public out there that are ambivalent about guns believe they have a right to defend themselves. If more people realize that the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self defense are the same thing, we may be able to finally stick a fork in gun control.

yours/
    peter.

How about calling them Pro-Crime

Quote Originally Posted by K-31 View Post
    If I may suggest a small but I believe important refinement. Instead of anti-defense, they should be referred to as anti-self defense. That's what they are. Sure it's an extra syllable, but it distinguishes between self defense and national defense. While many of these folks may be anti-national defense, that's a whole other argument.

I believe that what makes HotGuns idea such a good one is because most of the members of the voting public out there that are ambivalent about guns believe they have a right to defend themselves. If more people realize that the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self defense are the same thing, we may be able to finally stick a fork in gun control.

yours/
    peter.
    Yep, I refer to them as the anti-self-defense lobby. Law-abiding citizens should have the CHOICE to carry concealed weapons or not.

Anti-Gun = Anti-Defense. Why not? I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
    How about calling them Pro-Crime
    I believe many that want to take away our tools of self defense, don't necessarily want to take away our Right of self defense. Pro Crime is an honest stretch for all but the socio-path. The same could apply to self-defense, they'd say only not with a gun.

Per the post bu ArmedAviator, I vote for Anti-Bill of Rights versus Anti-Constitution. Some Americans will argue that the Constitution doesn't include [sic] the BoR. One could easily ask the detractor, "What other Amendments in the Bill of Rights would they remove/ should we ignore?"

Taking the word "gun" out of their language is similar to why we don't use the term, pro-abortion. It doesn't ring true and leaves a lot of wiggle room to side-track the argument.

FWIW

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Lets flavor it a bit:

"Anti-defense zealots."
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Anti-gun = pro criminal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links