Applied At An Armored Truck Company - Page 3

Applied At An Armored Truck Company

This is a discussion on Applied At An Armored Truck Company within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CelticWolf alright. by "goofs" you mean rambo's and ignorant folk itchin for a shootout? I HOPE i can use my own personal ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Applied At An Armored Truck Company

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    alright.

by "goofs" you mean rambo's and ignorant folk itchin for a shootout?

I HOPE i can use my own personal weapon. NO WAY IN HECK am i using some old school 38. who knows the last time it was cleaned? I want to be able to use my g22 with 2 spare mags.

do companies have their employees backs if they have to shoot? or do they just drop them and the legal mess and hire someone else?
    In many states an armed guard is required to carry a specific weapon, owned by their company, that they have tested with and proved proficient. In Washington, the guard must carry an issued weapon, and must test with that weapon.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk72 View Post
    Wow! $12.50/hr to put your life on the line.
    My Auxiliary personnel do it for FREE.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

when I was offered a driver job they were using .38 revolvers for all personnel but were in the process of switching over to S&W 9mm single stacks...

I decided to go to law school instead - there was NO polygraph, but they were very thorough and required supplementary answers to some credit history and employment questions

good job, I have a friend who works ATMs for a competitor and there is a good future to be made with many of these companies, and he seems to think that the company will stand behind the employee if they are within the scope of their duty...

they also had a payroll deductible vest program - most will

good luck, pay attention and stay safe

Administrator
    alright.

by "goofs" you mean rambo's and ignorant folk itchin for a shootout?
    yes.
    I HOPE i can use my own personal weapon. NO WAY IN HECK am i using some old school 38. who knows the last time it was cleaned? I want to be able to use my g22 with 2 spare mags.

I doubt you will be able to, and I'd rethink that position. Think liability.
    do companies have their employees backs if they have to shoot? or do they just drop them and the legal mess and hire someone else?
    Depends on the company... thats a question for them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

About the complacency thing. I saw a delivery to a bank as I was waiting for my wife to run an errand one day. One of the guards stood on the side walk from beginning to end and constantly did a visual sweep that encompassed their entire exposure to attack. Back and forth, back and forth with his head. I've never seen that before and it was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    About the complacency thing. I saw a delivery to a bank as I was waiting for my wife to run an errand one day. One of the guards stood on the side walk from beginning to end and constantly did a visual sweep that encompassed their entire exposure to attack. Back and forth, back and forth with his head. I've never seen that before and it was very impressive.

i've seen it too..i thick that's why they like to have 3 officers with the truck.1 driver,1 watching outside for threats and the 3rd doing the drop off/pick up..
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Why only a .38!? Why not at least a .357MAG and carry a couple of speed loaders??/

I have nothing aginst a .38,...Maybe they carry +P?

Good luck,and wish you the best. Seems like to put alot on the line.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Administrator
    Thats a very popular model around here, I've never heard any complaints. I know the level three offers more protection, but you really might want to consider a 2 with a trauma plate. Its much more comfortable.
    "Just blame Sixto"

if you wear 2x shirts do they fit like a glove?

better phrased:
    are they supposed to fit snug?
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Administrator
    if you wear 2x shirts do they fit like a glove?

better phrased:
    are they supposed to fit snug?
    The Vest? yes, they should, however its nice to have a little breathing room. A good fit in a vest is critical for comfort and protection. I suggest you get measured at a local police supply place, or take the chart from Galls website and have a tailor take good measurements.
    "Just blame Sixto"

There was an armored truck driver in a gas station once when I was in college. He carried a 4" 686. Beautiful gun. He also carried it in a $10 Uncle Mikes holster that looked like it had been through the washing machine a few times. All this supported by a belt that appeared to be made from a shoulder strap off a duffel bag.

Please use better equipment than this. :0)

686... only 6 shot...

darn it.

im not tryin to come off as the rambo type but... when SHTF.. I want to be ready. 15+1

I bet their is NO WORSE FEELING to hear click when it should of went bang...imho...

It probably varies from location to location, but here, Loomis does allow personnel to carry their own weapons, while Brinks does not. Loomis's pay structure here is quite different than the other too. They don't pay overtime at all and list their outside personnel as being in the "trucking" industry to get around that requirement. Again, that may be a local thing, I don't know, but you'll likely work a ton of hours and if it's that way where you live, you'll lose anywhere from $5.50 to $8.00 bucks an hour on anything over 40 if Loomis is who you're considering signing on with.

Galls is the supplier for the company I work for. The company will split the cost of a vest with you and allow you to pay your share through a payroll deduction spread out over a period of time. You can also buy other things from Galls, like boots for instance, and have the bill put on a payroll deduction.

The 38's that someone asked about are indeed loaded with +P ammo, and it is mandatory that a driver carry two loaded speed-loaders. Drivers are the least likely to fire their weapons in the system, and if they do ever have to, it is supposed to be from inside the truck through a gun-port. In other words, the driver is not supposed to get out under any circumstances. You don't want the highest-powered ammo flying around a bank parking lot from a gun with very limited aiming capability to begin with. That's why 357's or equivalent aren't used.

As stated earlier, personnel working outside the truck are equipped with S&W M&P 40's with three full 17 round (I think) mags.

I don't think it can legitimately be said that personnel are under-armed for the job they're expected to do. I carry a .45 in "real life," but I'm OK with the .38 in my position. My truck is about as good a weapon as I can carry on my person anyway, and it's more likely that I would deploy it as such than the two guns I have access to (a .38 and a 12 ga.) throughout the day.

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

VIP Member
    Good luck on the job. As far as the pay, would it be less risk of life at $20.00 an hour? What's a life worth? The risk is there no matter what the pay. Ya can't spend the money dead.
    I use to do some work on high rise buildings hanging by ropes, 30 floors up. People would tell me I must make killer money. I averaged $13.00 an hour. People would assume that because I was doing a high risk job that I MUST be getting paid a fortune just because they wouldn't do it.
    I feel the pay is really irrelevent. I think cops should make more than they do for the risk they take. I'm glad there are alot of peole out there willing to take the risk and pay to be a cop.
    Go for it and be safe....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links