CCW Application Lament

This is a discussion on CCW Application Lament within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My renewal, now lifetime, took over 6 months! Seems someone did not sign what they were supposed to sign. I had to return the application ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW Application Lament

wj
    My renewal, now lifetime, took over 6 months! Seems someone did not sign what they were supposed to sign. I had to return the application AND they issued me a State check back to me and I had to obtain another money order. I have it and don't think I'll ever forget the hassel. (Indiana)

2. Remove Ads

Have patience, grasshopper ...

cj [OP]
    Thank you all for the sympathetic ears! I realize that my barely-over-a-month wait was still exceptional...it was mostly having it in my hands to sign it, then having to hand it back again afterwards.

Anyway, I got the call that the camera was fixed, and after a few tries, they got a picture they were happy enough with. Honestly, I think I could make up something more 'official' looking on my home system, but I've got it, and it's good for 5 years!

It's time for nachos.

Woo-hoo!

I'd've told'm to hang tight whilst I went down to Zerko's and got a fist full of passport fotos.

Man--that's just typical of of a walk through red tape and Murphy's laws. You have to not want it, then it will happen. If you want it too bad---it will never happen. Kind of like a 'watched clock'---quitin' time never comes. You have to realize at one point or another---government offices are not really there to serve you-the American public---they're only there to make more red tape for their superiors so everyone in that office can keep a state job and report to their superiors, and those folks remain employed for the sole reason of churning out more red tape in order to verify their existence in the government's system of red tape that in essence depends on you-the American citizen-of being run around the flag pole several times before you even get to explain why you're there. By that time, they hope you have forgotten what you came for so the system of red tape will continue! Never, ever think that a government entity is there to serve you. It's the general public they are worried about, and they make up the rules, so they ARE the public! Ya know---I think with some of the stuff they pull---they all ought to be drug tested on the spot! Only problem with that and state employees is---you never know when they'll be at work since they all have unlimited holidays, sick days, vacation days, snow days, windy days, banker's days, hair days, nail days, don't feel good days, gonna close the office days, anything days, close early days, don't open days, the secretary's sick days, forget the public days, etc...... And you can always bet on no problems Mondays and leave early Fridays no matter what's posted on the front door for hours, because the guy who does the hours updates on the doors is off indefinitely pending an investigation from a department who is being investigated for improper use of funding!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links