CCW "kit" idea

This is a discussion on CCW "kit" idea within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I was thinking today of what I would put in all those pouches inside the 5.11 Tactical Monterey jacket I plan on carrying ...

Thread: CCW "kit" idea

CCW "kit" idea

Hey guys,

I was thinking today of what I would put in all those pouches inside the 5.11 Tactical Monterey jacket I plan on carrying my USP under. I came up with: mags, Surefire G2Z, and one of those Pre-paid cell phones incase I accidently left my cell phone in the Jeep. What do you guys think? What all do you carry?
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

2. Remove Ads

I honestly dont carry much except a cell phone and 2 reloads .. But im not a tac vest type guy i just carry what will fit in my pockets

Leatherman Blast
    Wallet (gets a little light around end of month)
    Spyderco Factory Waved Endura
    Hideaway Straight
    Keys with Photon Light
    Stopwatch
    Motorola Cell Phone
    Surefire C2

Not much but it goes with me everywhere I go. I used to carry a lot more but I can't really get away with that any more. Whenever possible:

642-2
    Bianchi Speed Strip
    XD40
    XD40 magazine

Assistant Administrator
    Hmmm - well I do use vest when out, and on bike - so if I have that on - then it contains Nokia cell, and NAA mini. Once colder then heavy shirt takes on same duties.

If no vest then still have usual SIG of course,
    Leatherman Wave,
    Surefire E1e,
    Buck Mayo TNT.

Of course too, wallet rear left.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    Hey guys,

I was thinking today of what I would put in all those pouches inside the 5.11 Tactical Monterey jacket I plan on carrying my USP under.
    I suspect that your jacket will be just like a new house: all kinds of room at first, then before you know it you can't fit an extra toothpick in. So...I wouldn't worry about filling the pouches - nature abhors a vacuum.

That said: folding knife, Surefire light, spare mag, cell phone, manual PDA (little calendar book ), wallet, business card case containing CCW and DL in case I'm relieved of my "main" wallet, keys with Photon microlight. Sometimes my Leatherman (need to carry it more often).

Oh, and Bat Shark Repellant.

SSKC

Assistant Administrator
    Oh, and Bat Shark Repellant.
    SSKC - if you were of an anti ''vampire persuasion'' then perhaps - ''Shark - Bat Repellant"" !!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    I amost always carry extra mags. 2 knives, maybe a BUG , cell phone . Night time I add a flashlight. If I use the 5.11 vest I also carry spare batteries, a notepad and pencil, maybe another knife as well as my day related items.

Pre-paid cell phones incase I accidently left my cell phone in the Jeep
    Finally!

People are talking about cell phones! Personally, I don't even go to the corner store without one. I mentioned this cell phone idea in "related equipment"

Would I rely on one as a primary weapon? certainly not! Do I need one to call for help if I need it? ABSOLUTELY!

Mike

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    On a daily basis I carry the following:

Two folding knives. I have two Benchmades (not sure of make), a sypdeco, and a kershaw. I carry one of the BM's and one of the other two, depending on my wardrobe. One clipped at the back of my right front pocket, one clipped front side of my Left rear pocket.

Two lights. My Surefire E1e light in my front left pocket. An LED keychain (think it's an ASP) clipped to the beltloop on the Right side of my belt.

Keys go in the Right Front pocket. Wallet in my Right Rear Pocket (might change that to Left if I ever start carrying (as I plan to carry Strong Side).

On my belt I carry my cell phone, a two way radio (when @ school, talks to security as I'm the EMS captain), and my squad pager.

When I'm actually on duty, I'm in EMS BDU pants, a uniform shirt of some kind. In my left thigh pocket I carry my scope, in the Right pocket I carry two pens and a set of EMS shears. My knives are in the same place, as is my wallet.

I also wear a duty belt with the following things on it: Two glove pouches, carrying 3 sets of gloves and a CPR mask, a pager and cell phone case, my Surefire 6P light, and a radio pouch. I also have the room to add a horizontal pouch with other tools when I'm doing EMS duty on a bicycle.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to carry a firearm in NJ. Additionally, I'm not allowed to carry while I'm working as an EMT either, so that's out. And carrying as a firefighter, into a fire...doesn't seem like such a good idea...what say you :)

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    My weapon (whichever it may be)
    2 reloads
    flashlight
    Spyderco Spot neck knife
    Kershaw Ken Onion folder
    Cell phone
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Links