Who Regularly Carries More Than One? / Do You Carry a BUG? (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Who Regularly Carries More Than One? / Do You Carry a BUG? (MERGED) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Almost always 2 at a time. Keltec p3at in front pocket of cargo pants, Springfield XD 9mm on right hip. Sometimes, depending on the situation, ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Regularly Carries More Than One? / Do You Carry a BUG? (MERGED)

Almost always 2 at a time.
    Keltec p3at in front pocket of cargo pants, Springfield XD 9mm on right hip.

Sometimes, depending on the situation, by Bersa Thunder Plus .380 will replace one or the other, and I have several carry options.

Sometimes the 9mm in a shoulder holster with the Bersa on my right 4:00, if I am out with friends...that gives me 33 rounds at the ready....

2. Remove Ads

Usually only my G27. When traveling with the wife and kids I usually carry my 340PD as well. That way I can hand it off to her at rest stops, gas stations. I hate to have her waiting in the car unarmed.

I am always nervous what a LEO would think if I am carrying both. I have been pulled over by DPS coming home from an offroad excursion and he asked why I had 2 pistols and my 870. He said "you only have 2 hands! What are you crazy?" Mind you, I was even with my wife.

This is in AZ where there are people shooting everywhere in the desert. You never know what is around the next corner of a wash. The guy was kind of a *****. He pulled me over for not having mud flaps.

Sometimes I carry 2.....G20 and a G29....

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    ... but the reason we carry a gun in the first place is for that slight chance, the gravest extreme....
    If the chances that we will need a gun are slim in the first place, then why even bother? I mean, hey, we probably aren't going to need it or use it today so why not just leave them in the nightstand?
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Carry as many as you want

Quote Originally Posted by glock27mark View Post
    i did'nt think we could carry more than one pistol ccw in mich.
    i know if we're hunting,you can carry as many firearms as you want.
    please correct me if i'm wrong.
    You are not limited to the number of pistols that you can carry. The question is, how many can you carry and keep them all concealed?

I usually only carry 1, G27 or PM9, the hand off to sig other is when I carry 2 but it isn't often she is not without her P3at. We both also ALWAYS carry SD knives. If we are traveling I also will carry 2, one on my ankle and the other on my hip.

I haven't gotten into carrying extra mags as my belt is full already along with my pockets. I know my wife will tuck an extra mag in her purse along with her back-up knives (2). She keeps the primary gun in pocket carry or IWB. She will also carry 2, one on and one in purse if she doesn't like where she is going. But she prefurs the gun/knife combo over gun/gun.

Our issues are that neither one of us is permitted by law to have a firearm on the property at work, let alone carry.

YES, always.

#1. G29, G27 or S&W .357 - IWB
    #2. G27 in pocket - Kel Tec .380 in pocket - .357 also on belt (off hand side)

Always extra mags and speed loaders
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

2 is 1...1 is none.

1911 strong side IWB with 2 spare mags
    P3AT weak side pocket

two pocket knives, one strong side front pocket, one weak side back pocket
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Not regularly, only because I don't have a PPS yet. If I do carry two, they are my M&P .40 and Walther P22. Of course there are the usual extra mags, knives and lights as well.

Once I get the PPS, I'm thinking pocket (I can do it with a P22 and they are about the same size) or ankle carry. Or, if I really need deep concealment, the PPS in Thunderwear or something similar.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Just one- HK P2K SK- I can't imagine needing another.... not to mention it is enough of a pain to carry 1. If I'm going in a "bad" part of town I'll carry extra mags but that's about it.

Usually two,
    Glock 23 & S&W model 37
    or
    S&W MP .40 & Walther PPKS
    "If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war. "R. Lee Ermey---FMJ"

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Depending on the circumstances I will carry a BUG (probably about 50% of the time). I carry my S&W 642 in a 5.11 concealment shirt and my HK USPc in a Galco OWB concealable holster.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Do you carry a BUG?

There seems to be a lot of folks on here who will carry one bug or another. When do you feel it is necessary to carry one, why, and what do you carry?

Seldom...rather have extra mags...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I never carry extra ammo, but I do carry a BUG on occation. It is a better choice than another magazine IMHO. Usually one very reliable gun is sufficient for my needs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links