The good and the bad of revealing you carry.

This is a discussion on The good and the bad of revealing you carry. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like you did good....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The good and the bad of revealing you carry.

Sounds like you did good.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Not according to my company. I agree that they can deny you certian day's off but they are not supposed to ask anything about why you need the time off. I don't have to say a word about why I am taking off and neither does anyone else in my company. Again, they can deny the request but that's as far as it goes or should go. Anybody can ask anything but it doesn't make it right just like a cop asking "can I search your car" Heck NO. Some people do have a clue that they can say NO. Same in this example. This is done due to a company trying to probe into medical conditions and such, it's against the law.

It doesn't matter anyway, forget I even said anything and continue to ask employees there personal business asking for time off or tell your boss your business. One day they will ask the wrong person and it will come back to haunt them/you.

Ti
    You said it was illegal and I have yet to find where it is illegal. If they ask you don't have to answer and they don't have to grant it. The only time I have ever heard of any caring what you did on youe vacation was if there was some reason that they needed you to work and were hesitant about granting the leave. I know plenty of places that your vacation is when they close down and if you want to take any other time off good luck. I don't know about other states but in SC you have the right to take off any time you want to and your boss has the right to fire you for doing it.

yea there are always pros and cons to letting people know
    personally, if you are ok with everyone in the workplace knowing, i think its great that they hear it. if theres going to be a few that are going to bug you, well then either dont tell anyone, or live with it.
    im cant keep it a secret around here (im the pres of the universities pistol club, everyone knows)., nor would i want to.
    the only reason i might keep it a secret at work is if i were to do something against their policy (such as leaving it in car in parking lot)
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links